- “Panda” Pokémon‘s name is Yanchamu, it’s is the “Mischievous Pokémon” and is a Fighting-type. The leaf in its mouth is its trademark. Its new attack allows it to switch out and lower the opponents stats. Yanchamu is able to learn a new move Parting Remark.
- “Bird” Pokémon‘s name is Yayakoma, it is the “Robin Pokémon”, is a Normal/Flying-type and is known for its beautiful chirping. Because it is fond of humans, it’s popular amongst trainers. It can learn Flame Charge.
- Yellow/Black Pokémon‘s name is Erikitel (Erikiteru), it is the “Generator Pokémon” and is an Electric/(Normal?)-type; learns a new move called Parabola Charge. Whilst damaging surrounding Pokémon it restores its own HP. It absorbs sunlight and generates electricity. This Parabola Charge (パラボラチャージ) uses uses 8 Japanese characters, a new record for an attack name which normally only use up to 7.
- “Goat” Pokémon‘s name is Gogoat (Gōgōto), it is the “Ride Pokémon” and is a Grass-type; is able to be ridden by the player. Gogoat is very gentle, and observes its trainer carefully. The Pokémon learns Horn Leech. Gogoat moves according to the feelings of the trainer (waiting for a clearer scan for clarification)
- New Pokédex is shown in the top right corner, it is the red expanding tablet device
- Boxart for Pokémon Y is featured in part in the lower right hand corner
- Chespin is the Shelled Chestnut Pokémon. Its head and back is covered by a hard shell. It can protect itself using its shell when attacked. By focusing power into the spike s on its head, they become sharper and harder.
- Further information on Fennekin: Fox Pokémon. It’s a fire type Pokémon, the heat that it blows out of its ears is over 200 degrees Celsius. [UPD5] It loves twigs, which it carries around with it to eat as a snack.
- Froakie is the Foam Frog Pokémon and said to be able to jump as high as the third floor of a building. The bubbles coming from its chest and back are bouncy, and protects it from enemy attacks. It temporarily blinds its opponents by launching foam into their faces.
- The region is known as the Kalos region. It seems to be based on France!
- You are able to customise a little — “You can choose the way you look”. Skin tone and hair colour can be changed.
- Gogoat can be ridden in Miaré City, one of the main cities in the Kalos region.
- On the right the screen for the start of a battle is shown. The text reads “Miniskirt Rika challenged you to a battle”, artwork for the character is also shown.
The cover for this issue has now shown up. the boxart for X & Y are shown along with the four new Pokémon, which would suggest are the only new Pokémon showcased in this issue.
[UPD:3 ] In this picture we can see two bird Pokémon perched on a bush. The smaller one (left) appears to be Yayakoma, the bird on the right however, is larger and has a full orange body instead of a blue-grey. Meaning that it could possibly be the evolution for Yayakoma. Its wings are also white, although the underside of Yayakoma’s wings could also be white. On the extreme left of the picture we can also see a normal Yayakoma for reference. It’s entirely possible that the low quality of these images just makes the Pokémon look a little odd, but we’ve thrown it out there for debate. Hopefully higher quality scans will clarify it all soon!
What do you guys think? After all, Pidgey and Pidgeotto really don’t look that different, maybe it’s a similar kind of relationship? Or perhaps, as one sharp reader pointed out, a gender difference?
[UPD 4:] The Pokédex splits Pokémon into 3 different areas and registers them accordingly. Central Kalos dex, Coastal Kalos dex and Mountainous Kalos dex. The number of Pokémon spotted in each area so far is 77, 51 and 6 respectively.
EDIT: Some of the text is very tiny and blurred, but we’ll try to give you as much as we can make of it! We won’t ignore it just because we can’t make out the whole thing, we’ll share all that we know with you! That’s what makes us PokéJungle! -Kriff
pokejungle, moving, Kriffix