Weekly Wrap Up is our end of the week digest of smaller news stories that are just as important, but didn’t get a dedicated post! If you’d like to get real time updates about what’s mentioned here you can follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Here’s what you missed from November 27th to December 3rd!
This Week’s Big Stories
Launch of new Pokémon Centers
- Opening later this month in Hong Kong, Pokémon Hub will be the first official and permanent shop licensed by The Pokémon Company International outside of Japan since The Pokémon Center in New York closed for business in 2005! Although an official opening date hasn’t been announced it will be located at Tsim Sha Tsui, K11, Shop 217A
- Opening March 14th, 2018, the new Pokémon Center Tokyo DX and attached Pokémon Cafe will be located on the 5th floor of the Nihonbashi Takashimaya SC East Building in Tokyo! We’ll be visiting the new shops on opening day, so stay tuned!
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
- With 5,442,088 Pokémon captured, the games first global mission to catch 10 million Pokémon has resulted in failure. For those who participated you can pick up your reward of 1,000 FC (2,000 FC if you’ve connected your games to the Global Link) at the Global Mission counter. The next Global mission will be related to Mantine Surfing and take place from December 12th to the 27th
- Details for the Johto X Alola battle competition have been announced! This Double Battle competition allows you to only use Pokémon from the Johto and Alola Regional Pokédex. For this competition the usual Legendary and Mythical are banned, transferred Pokémon are allowed, and all Pokémon will be raised to Level 50. You can register for the competition between December 7th and December 14th, and the actual battles will commence from December 15th to the 17th. All entrants will get the 50 Battle Points. As always you can download the full rules within the Festival Plaza
Pokkén Tournament DX
- From December 8th until December 11th you can participate in the Iron Meteor Dive Cup! Participation in this Fixed Battle Arena, Basic Battle competition gets you a special Scizor centric title, and, as always, the higher your placement in the competition, the more titles you’ll receive!
- Requiring 247MB, Version 5.0 of the popular mobile game is now available! This patch is required to continue playing and contains several changes to the user interface, adds special UX versions of The Cube, Rare Metal and Ingot items, and some brand new figures:
- UX Figures: Mega Sceptile, Mega Blaziken, & Mega Swampert
- EX Figures: Primarina & Tapu Fini
- R Figures: Brionne & Golisopod
- UC Figures: Popplio, Wimpod, Delibird, & Stantler
- In addition, a special 10 pack booster has been released with a guaranteed EX or UX drop, various new Plates centered around the new Mega Evolutions have been added, and a few figures have had some balance changes:
- Xerneas: Increased Moonblast’s Power from 70 to 99
- Yveltal: Increased Oblivion Wing’s Power from 100 to 111
- Lapras: Removed Pound and replaced it with Ice Beam, Increased Surf’s power from 60 to 70
- Upon login all players will receive a Shiny Gardevoir
- The new Celesteela Ultra Beast challenge, and new Froakie (Winking) stage are available until December 5th
- The Ribombee stage and new Magearna Escalation Battle are both live until December 12th
- The Mudsdale stage is currently having a repeat run until December 5th, as well as the Alolan Raichu stage until December 12th
Check out the official Pokémon merchandise that was either revealed, leaked or is now available for purchase this week: