Pokémon GO has revealed more details about its Remote Raid Passes. Players will be able to select nearby raids that appear in their raid finder. While the current situation with many global lockdowns persists, the damage of remote players will not be nerfed. In the future, however, remote players will do less damage than if they were physically attending the raid. There is also a limit as to how many remote players can join a raid.
These passes will be sold in the store for 100 PokéCoins, but will also be featured in a 1 coin sale in the future. They will be available later this month.
In other good news, trainers will also receive one research task per day without having to visit a PokéStop! Pokémon buddies will also be able to visit nearby stops and get gifts for you if you run out.
Update: Niantic has also announced details about Incense Day which will be happening this Sunday! Read the official details:
What do Water-, Fire-, Grass-, Psychic-, Bug-, and Ground-type Pokémon all have in common? They’ll all be featured in our first-ever Incense Day event! For the first time ever, Incense will attract certain Pokémon of certain types during specific time periods. Regardless of the time though, all Incense will attract Sentret during the event. Who knows—you might encounter a Shiny one!
We’re continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. Incense will last for one hour until further notice, so be sure to activate one during the event to experience the Type Shuffle!
Date + Time: Sunday, April 19, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Incense will attract more Sentret for the duration of the event!
- An event-exclusive 1 PokéCoin bundle featuring three Incense will be available to pick up in the shop.
- In addition to Sentret, Pokémon of different types will be attracted by Incense. The type of Pokémon attracted by Incense will shuffle every hour.
- From 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Water-type Pokémon—like Poliwag, Tentacool, and Spheal—will be splish-splashing their way to your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Clamperl might swim by!
- From 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fire-type Pokémon—like Growlithe, Ponyta, and Houndour—will be burning to find your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Litwick might make a blazing appearance!
- From 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Grass-type Pokémon—like Oddish, Roselia, and Lileep—will be leaf-surely making their way toward your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Ferroseed might plant itself near you!
- From 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon—like Slowpoke, Baltoy, and Bronzor—will be appearing in your future. If you’re incredibly lucky, Gothita might pay you a visit!
- From 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Bug-type Pokémon—like Caterpie, Ledyba, and Skorupi—will be crawling their way toward your Incense! If you’re incredibly lucky, Joltik might make a shocking appearance!
- From 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Ground-type Pokémon—like Wooper, Barboach, and Hippopotas—will be digging their way toward you. If you’re lucky, Drilbur might make a quaking entrance near you!
What do you think of these new features Niantic is rolling out to make playing from home easier? Let us know in the comments below!