Pokémon GO Battle League events begin soon

The first season of Pokémon GO’s newly-added Battle League will begin on Friday, but there events running before the official start. Read all the details below:

The GO Battle League preseason is coming to an end, and we’re excited to announce that GO Battle League Season 1 officially starts this month on Friday, March 13, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)! From Trainers who gave the GO Battle League a try to earn Sinnoh Stones for Rhyhorn Community Day to battlers who climbed all the way to the top at rank 10, we thank you. We’ve been working on improving Pokémon GO’s global online battling system, and it’s all thanks to your participation and feedback.

As a token of our gratitude, Trainers who achieved rank 4 or higher will receive a Premium Battle Pass as part of their end-of-preseason rewards. To celebrate the end of the preseason, from today, Thursday, March 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Friday, March 13, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), all three leagues will be available to play in the GO Battle League! Pick and choose between the Great League, Ultra League, and Master League, and end the preseason however you’d like. As we continue to work on the GO Battle League experience, let us know what you think!

For those of you who haven’t had a chance to try it—what is the GO Battle League? Like many Pokémon GO features, the GO Battle League encourages players to get out and explore the world with Pokémon. You can walk to earn entry into the GO Battle League, then battle opponents from around the globe through an online matching system and rise in the ranks of the league. This feature was a way to make the Pokémon GO battling experience more competitive and accessible to more Trainers. For more information on the basics of the GO Battle League and what happened during preseason, check out our previous GO Battle League post.

Note: In-game events for may vary in the following areas until further notice. Players in these areas can stay tuned to our channels for updates.

• Japan
    • South Korea
    • Italy

Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are coming to the GO Battle League!

For a limited time, Darkrai, Altered Forme Giratina, and Thundurus will be coming to the GO Battle League as rare reward encounters, starting at rank 4! Darkrai and Altered Forme Giratina especially can be powerful additions to your Ultra League and Master League teams, so be sure to catch them if you can!

• You’ll have a chance to encounter Darkrai as a GO Battle League reward encounter from Friday, March 6, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 9, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Darkrai!
    • You’ll have a chance to encounter Altered Forme Giratina as a GO Battle League reward encounter from Friday, March 13, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Altered Forme Giratina!
    • For all other time periods, you’ll have a chance to encounter the Legendary Pokémon Thundurus as a reward encounter in the GO Battle League until further notice.

Warm up for GO Battle League Season 1 with two special events

The greatest Trainers know to prepare before a tough battle! Leading up to and at the beginning of Season 1, look forward to the following GO Battle League–themed events to help you catch strong Pokémon to use in battle and gain more Stardust to power up your Pokémon. Please note, the event-exclusive Pokémon appearing in raids and in the wild will not occur in Japan, South Korea, and Italy. Event bonuses will still occur in Japan, South Korea, and Italy.

• An event to help you prepare for GO Battle League: From Tuesday, March 10, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 12, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, strong Pokémon will be appearing in raids, including Skarmory, Swampert, Shieldon, and more! Registeel and Cresselia will be appearing in five-star raids. You’ll also earn twice the usual Stardust from Raid Battles and Trainer Battles during this event. Please note that this bonus will not apply to GO Battle League Trainer Battles.
    • A GO Battle League Season 1 launch celebration: From Friday, March 13, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, more Pokémon thought to be powerful in the GO Battle League will be available in raids, including Altered Forme Giratina in five-star raids. Fighting-type Pokémon will also be appearing more frequently in the wild! Also if you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Timburr! Your best bet would be battling and catching it in one-star raids! There will also be the following GO Battle League bonuses during the event period.
      • You’ll receive a Premium Battle Pass when you win all five battles in a set on the premium track of the GO Battle League.
      • You’ll be able to complete seven sets of GO Battle League battles per day, up from the regular five sets, for a total of up to 35 battles a day!
      • You’ll receive bonus Stardust in the GO Battle League.

GO Battle League Season 1 starts on Friday, March 13, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

We’re excited to announce the following changes to the GO Battle League for Season 1.

• We’re fine-tuning the GO Battle League’s rewards. Depending on your rank, you’ll receive increased Stardust rewards and a different number of Charged and Fast TMs.
    • Winning matters much earlier in the ranks now. Ranks 2 and 3 now require you to win a certain number of battles to advance to the next rank. Previously, wins mattered only beginning at rank 4.
    • The Pokémon you can encounter as GO Battle League rewards will change for Season 1. Metagross will be your guaranteed first encounter reward for Season 1. At rank 4, you’ll have a chance to encounter Beldum. At rank 7, you’ll have a chance to encounter Rufflet, making its Pokémon GO debut ahead of appearing in Safari Zone Philadelphia. And last but not least, the tough Pikachu Libre will be making its debut as a guaranteed reward encounter when you reach rank 10! In the future, Pikachu Libre will be available starting at lower ranks, but this season is your chance to challenge yourself to see if you can make it to rank 10, Trainers. Machop, Snorlax, and Meditite will no longer appear as GO Battle League encounters, but you’ll encounter Scraggy more often. These reward encounters might change next season, so be sure to give it your all and climb as high as you can in the rankings, Trainers!
    • Reach rank 10 to earn avatar items and an avatar pose inspired by Steven. Steven is a Pokémon League Champion in the Hoenn region. Steven is both an incredibly skilled Pokémon Trainer and a kind and helpful mentor. His dedication to battle makes his avatar items and avatar pose rewards a perfect match for the GO Battle League. The pose is a reward exclusive to Season 1.
    • At the end of Season 1, you’ll receive an Elite Charged TM if you’ve reached Rank 7 or higher. Introducing Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs! By using an Elite Charged TM or Elite Fast TM, you’ll be able to select the attack that your Pokémon learns. Not only that, but Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs will also allow Pokémon to learn attacks previously available only during events such as Raid Days or Community Days.

GO Battle League Season 1 timeline

Season 1 will rotate through leagues, just like the preseason did. Season 2 is set to begin in early May, but please note that all these dates are still tentative. Stay tuned—we’ll update you as soon as anything changes.

• The Great League will run from Friday, March 13, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, March 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
    • The Ultra League will run from Friday, March 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, April 10, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
    • The Master League will run from Friday, April 10, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, April 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
    • All three leagues will be available from Friday, April 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, May 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
    • Season 2 will begin Friday, May 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).

Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. Share your favorite GO Battle League moments with #GOBattle, too!

Lots of dates to keep in mind, but it’s time to start thinking about what kind of teams you’ll be using your way to battle to the top! Getting to Rank 4 for chances to encounter Legendary Pokémon sounds worth it!

Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

• Gotta admit Im falling off the wagon a bit with GO. I’ll probably come back to it but I was pretty disappointed to find out that when you max out your buddy with the new system that it only get 1/2 distance candy when it’s “happy,” which is quite difficult to do

• I agree, GO is making a lot and I mean a lot of poor decisions that are making it worse than even some it’s early day issues

-Removing hordes that aren’t near poke stops destroyed my best little hub for the game cause my house actually was a hot spot that has now run cold due to it
      -The pay to play that’s happened with Regigigas and I’ve heard potentially Zorua and Genesect will too
      -CD’s are now becoming what shiny do you want to possibly grab usually out of four crummy picks that’s on a crap voting system that is only meant for a hardcore traveler
      -Battling is so laggy and buggy that I wish it wasn’t there
      -These new mini events are fine, when it’s not another egg event that is slim to none of succeeding in it
      -The awful and I mean awful distribution method where I still cannot find half of the non-vanilla Route 1 and 2 Pokemon and even they’re uncommon except Lillipup
      -The now unevolvable event Pokemon are stupid, it’s not cute because it’s a worthless collectible. Even before the collectible’s were actually could still be usable. Now it’s just garbage with a hat (Except Gengar?)
      -The Safari Zone for Philly is disgusting. They gave the other three Relicanth, Chatot and Illumise Pokemon that are super rare and are rarely ever released. You know what I got? F*cking Mr.Mime for the fourth f*cking time! They must really not want East Coast players because this is the first big event on this coast and they did us dirty, again. I’d rather they just not do it at all

Honestly they’re one wrong move from losing me as a player. I’m sick and tired of this unfair treatment for a stupid mobile game

• The constant pandering of Gen 1 mons are annoying. We’re on gen 5 and the last community day plus the upcoming one are gen 1 pokes. Like why does Abra get a community day when people have been wanting Gible. I also find the “event” mons to have become ridiculous… why should i care about a Gengar or a Nidorino with a party hat on its head? Besides that didnt they say that Rufflet was going to be released before the Safari Zone Philly event anyway? Also the use of eggs for “extremely rare” pokemon needs to be fixed. I saw not one darumaka during the chinese new year event so i didnt bother even trying for Audino and now the fossil event i have yet to see Archen and Tirtouga. Dont even get me started on how many Feebas and other non gen-5 mons ive hatched in 10km eggs

• Yeah I’m with Poltron here. Really falling out of go for a lot of reasons. Though if I quit I’m not even sure if I’ll come back to it at this point. They’ve just messed up too much lately imo. Also quick update on the job I mentioned a month or so ago. Unfortunately I’m not getting the job like I thought. Older brother ended up quitting the job so there went my connection. Going to continue looking and hopefully I find something soon.

• 1 year no GO here.

As for job, I’m sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up. Something will turn up. Sucks that he quit before you could get the gig…

• Anyone know when the fighters pas 2 physical cards are going to be sold at target or other retailers? I have a target gift card that I plan to use on it!

• I was gonna travel to Japan in April but because of the clusterf*k with the COVID 19 preventions I had to cancel it, and then they announce the dates for the events, just my luck.

Also If Zarude doesn’t learn Sandstorm I swear to god….

• Can someone please explain to me why everyone is saying that because I don’t do anime or movies and I’m genuinely curious about the connection

• Well I’m getting prepared for New Horizons

Bought an Island Planner notebook for journaling for the game and gonna decorate it!

• Well I just finished replaying the megaman zero games and what can I say. Honestly one of best megaman series to me. The characters, the game play and the story too. Love it so much. Also I just found out the Japanese version of the games has voice acting. Capcom I feel freaking robbed lol even having the Japanese voices would have been nice lol will start ZX later. Maybe not tonight though.

• Hey there everyone! I wanted to stop by because I officially turned 21 today and I have such fond memories celebrating my birthday here. Back in 2014 when I was turning 15, my old friend ShinyNoivern drew a picture of a Xatu in front of a birthday cake. Sadly the picture itself has been lost to time but I’ll never forget the gesture. There’s a chance it was Jordan who did that rather than him but I digress…these are ancient names I’m remembering. It’s amazing and terrifying how quickly 6 years can fly by…
    In terms of Pokemon, I had a major success in my shiny hunting recently! On the evening of March 1 I finally found shiny Kyogre after tens of thousands of resets spanning half a year. I’m now hunting for shiny Mewtwo so I can move onwards to a few of my targets in Black 2. I’ve also been continuing the growth of my Pokemon rarity collection. I bought one of the original Eon Ticket e-Reader cards for Ruby and Sapphire and I have my sights set on owning every single Pokemon event distribution cartridge for the DS. Lots of exciting stuff…to a lunatic like me.
    Anyways, I hope you’re all hanging in there. The world is getting more hectic by the minute so stay safe. Animal Crossing comes out next week and my life is going to be stolen from me. It would be neat if we could exchange friend codes next week and swap fruits or villagers just like the old days with New Leaf!

• Happy Birthday man!! And congrats on the Shinies!

Also if you want I’m opening an Animal Crossing discord server for the Jungle and I can give you the link so you can join the fun

• Bums me out. She would have had a great moveset and a pretty wonderful list of music and spirits to accompany her. PLUS THE STAGE

• Holy freaking moley Sky Tower was an absolute ordeal
    33 floors of pain but after two fails and a sh*tload of grinding and stocking up items team Top Squad scaled the cloudy summit and faced our destiny

Rayquaza was easy because I cheated with Phanpy using a combination of violent seed and linking Defense Curl and Rollout and straight up bullied Ray Quay like a skinny malnourished nerd

• Not shocked. From what I’m reading it’s pretty much confirmed they’ll be doing digital events like Nintendo in June

• I remember now why I don’t touch online Smash the lag is dreadful

I literally used side B with Greninja, failed to work so I decided to move a bit closer to the edge, instead it moves me off the stage then when I got to recover, lags then instead inputted Side B

• Just a friendly reminder that the 30 day free trial of Pokemon bank is almost over, for me it says 22 hours left so I recommend you have the necessary funds to keep that going

• Don’t wanna jinx it but I hope Isle of Armor doesnt get delayed, altho it would be understandable with all the epidemic preventions.

• Working in retail during this coronavirus bs is the worst experience. My back hurts so bad…go the hell home, people.

• Earthen…tired….pain
      Too many people, endless sea of cars

STUPID DUMBOS CANNOT PUT THEIR CARTS AWAY PROPERLY DURING THIS SH*TSTORM

• I forgot Gmax Garbodor and Copperajah were a thing for a second, I guess that makes it 3 Gmax forms I am still missing.

• >