Weekly Wrap Up is our end of the week digest of smaller news stories that are just as important, but didn’t get a dedicated post. Here’s what you missed from August 28th to September 3rd!
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
- Nintendo of America has announced a special Veteran Trainer Dual Pack! It comes with both Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, 16 art cards, and a download code for 200 Poké Balls. It’ll be released in the US on November 17th 2017.
Pokkén Tournament DX
- The Nintendo Switch game will require 3.2 GB of space to download
Pokémon Sun & Moon
- Mega Melee will be the next Battle Competition in Sun & Moon! This a Single Battle competition that only allows Pokémon that can Mega Evolve (excluding Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Diancie) to participate. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 50 for the duration of the competition. You can register for from September 14th to September 21st, while the actual battles will take place from September 22nd to September 24th. All entrants will get the 50 Battle Points. For more information you can download the full rules for this competition in the Festival Plaza.
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
- A new update is now available for 3DS game via the Nintendo eShop! This patch requires 261 blocks in America & Europe (69 blocks in Japan), fixes a few bugs in the game and removes the Meowth’s Theater online support for the game. This patch keeps the game at version 1.0
- Version 1.43.1 is now available to download and adds several new features and bug fixes:
- You are now able to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass
- You are now able to us the Pokémon GO Plus to spin the PokéStops on top of Gyms
- Niantic has improved the Pokémon Collection search functionality – you can search through Pokémon’s moves using “@”
- Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball
- Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg
- Version 4.0.2 is 163MB and now available for download! This patch contains several bug fixes, new figures. new plates and more! This update is required to download in order to continue playing the game.
- The first Ultra Beast challenge is now available! These stages require you to beat Stage 300 to activate, don’t allow items, and only can be played 3 times overall. The stage for Nihilego runs until September 3rd
- The Shiny Mega Mewtwo X competitive stage has begun! This is a competitive stage that runs until August 22nd 2017. Rewards include Mewtwonite X (or a Level Up if you’ve already have the mega stone) 1 Level Up, 5 Mega Speedup and 10 Raise Max Level if you get in the top 100 – these rewards slowly decrease in number depending on your placing.
- The Mewtwo stage has begun a repeat run until September 12th
- The Shaymin Sky Forme & Noivern stages have begun repeat runs until September 5th