Ready to get friendly with others playing Pokémon Sun or Moon? There’s a new official competition coming up for trainers and the rules have just been announced! You can find them listed below, but don’t forget to sign-up from January 19 through 26. Participants will all earn 50 Battle Points!
• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Players may use only Pokémon from the Alolan Pokédex.
• All Mythical and Legendary Pokémon are not allowed.
• Mega Stones are not allowed.
• Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
• Register three to six of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Three of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
The ruleset should be available to download now, so get practicing!