8/21 UPDATE: Although we are all excited that Happy Hour Meowth has indeed been confirmed as a distribution, this does not necessarily give any credence to this rumor. Upcoming downloads can be datamined a month or more in advanced. -PJ
RUMOUR ALERT: The information contained in this post is based on speculation, not fact. Please treat it as such and do not interpret it as confirmed news.
As with every release cycle in a new Pokémon game the rumour mill is going strong with Sun & Moon. Once again an anonymous user on a popular image board has posted a list of alleged new details about the games, from new islands in the Alola region, to a new and spectacular Rainbow Greninja. The full list of information is below and some of it seems a little to good to be true (which it almost certainly is), but it’s good to talk about, right?!
- Alola is made up of 4 islands, Melemele, Poni, Ula’Ula, and Akala.
- Post game has 4 “Island Districts” that aren’t viewable on the map. Ekahi Island, Elua Island, Ekolu Island, and Kalola Island.
- Kalos is not available post-game, but Hoomaka Cave on Kalola Island holds a huge easter egg I believe. Deep inside there is a dark entrance guarded by a backpacker that states the railroad is closed for now and only a Pokémon that emits a special light can ignite the way to the other side. No Pokémon in your party will allow you to enter for now.
- Rockruff has 3 evolutions similar to Eevee in RBY. All of them require learning “Howl”.
- Salandit has a split evolution line at level 36, one for Male and one for Female.
- There are 16 Z-Stones, 18 total, with a Trial Captain for 16 of the types. Guzma and Plumeria are holders of the missing Dark and Poison Z-Stones.
- Some Pokémon can change shape/stats after they perform a Z-Move. These include Greninja (Rainbow), Solgaleo (Radiant), Lunala (Full Moon), Marshadow (Eclipse), Espeon (Dawn), and Umbreon (Dusk).
- All 47 Mega Stones are accessible on the island districts. There aren’t any new Mega Evolutions.
- There are a total of 128 new Pokémon and 23 Alolan forms. These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon.
- Alolan form Pokémon that are capable of Mega Evolving can do so, Alakazam and Kangaskahn are among these.
- Marshadow, an extremely gorgeous dolphin, has a jewel on its head that emit sparkles so bright, that its seen as the emissary of light. It’s stats are pretty underwhelming, but it has a cool ability that allows it to have any Psychic type combination. The second type is random every time it enters the battle field. Even switching out causes it to change.
- The Strange Souvenir item in XY depicts a Ghost/Rock Pokémon from Alola named Gigareki. It’s a giant tiki (different from the Tapu lines) that has an amazing laughing animation when you battle with it. It is said to be the oldest living Pokémon, and seen as a “Teacher” in many ways.
- The NX will be a dual handheld/console set for release next year. Sept 2017 there will be a parent game that features both regions of XYSM exclusive to this console.
- Rainbow Greninja will be revealed by TPC on Aug 21.
- Alolan Alakazam family are fighting type. Alolan Alakazam can mega evolve, keeps the fighting type, and gains No Guard.
- Yes. The Z-Bracelet is a key item in your backpack. Selecting it allows you to place 1 mega stone and 1 z stone inside of it. This allows for more crazy strategies because your Mega Pokémon can now hold items like Rayquaza due to this.
- The first district you’re taken too has a slightly upgraded Battle Maison. One of the districts has a Lugia/Ho-Oh depending on your version.
- All Champions from previous games are able to battled on the S.S. Anne while they’re bored. The S.S. Anne brings you to the districts.
- Rainbow Greninja is technically Ash Greninja but with a name change. It will be revealed in the closing ceremony at World’s 2016.
- Meowth that knows “Happy Hour” and OT Alola will be distributed at World’s. Cherish Ball.
- If you add 128 to our existing 721 roster, that means Generation 8 will only need to introduce 151 Pokemon (like a reboot) to bring our total count to 1000.
So that’s it folks. Looks like if you weren’t already sure these were false you won’t have to wait long for confirmation, as Rainbow Greninja is said to be revealed on August 21st. Anything you like the sounds of in this latest cacophony of “information”?