Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO has sent out a press release details new information how battle mechanics will work in the upcoming mobile game, just in time for the user test that’s starting in the United States today.
Below is a summary of the information provided in the release:
- More than 100 Pokémon will be available for trainers to catch in the game (hopefully more will be added over time?)
- PokéStops (found at public places of interest) can be used to purchase PokéBalls and other items
- Trainers can join Gyms once the pledge their allegiance to one of three teams
- Players can place Pokémon at a Gym. Pokémon can be made to dodge attacks by swiping left and right on the screen and attack using the attacks of their own Pokémon
- A Gym’s prestige game be lowered by beating the defending Pokémon at the Gym. The defending team loses control of a Gym when the prestige level hits zero
- Prestige can be increased by training their Pokémon. The higher the prestige the more Pokémon you can assign to a Gym
- Trainer appearance can be customised
- The Pokémon GO Plus device features an LED and vibration feature, simple actions can be performed by pressing the button on the device
It’s good to get some further clarification on what’s going to be in Pokémon GO when it finally releases, though there definitely seems to be more excitement for Sun & Moon. What do you guys think?