NOTE: Just a quick note that we will be covering a Nintendo Direct LIVE tomorrow at 7am PT / 10am ET / 3pm BST. Be sure to check back!
XY news is winding down for this month, and I don’t think we will get much until next month. But you probably want to discuss some rumours, so here they are! Today’s fake rumours come from a Spanish site called Leveleando. Thanks to Barry for the translation.
As an obvious note, we strongly believe these are fake. They are a mix of old rumours, obvious facts and some really strange things! I will provide my opinion on almost each of them!
- There are two versions of Gogoat. The female is different from the male and has much smaller horns. The male can be ridden in the field while the female cannot. Version differences sounds possible. But why wouldn’t I be able to ride a female Gogoat? Sounds sexist in my opinion.
- Chespin’s evolution resembles a football player. Fennekin’s evolution resembles a flying fox with large wings. Froakie’s evolution line resembles a ninja. A football player? A flying fox?! The only thing that could see the light of day is probably the ninja.
- There are a lot of new Pokémon. More then any current generation. More new Pokémon than Generation V? I’m not sure if I want that if they put in lots of filler Pokémon.
- Sylveon is the only new Eevee evolution. But I want my Dragon Eevee! A Dragon and a Fairy seems likely to me, given the paired Eevee’s in the past. Don’t think that will happen though.
- Mawile, Absol, Misdreavus, Milotic (but not Feebas), Chimecho, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf get a type change to Fairy. Absol is fit for pure Dark. Dark/Fairy maybe?
- Eevee, Mawile, Sableye, Dunsparce, Bannette, Tauros, Heracross, Pinsir, Bisharp, Maractus, Drifloon will get new evolutions. While Lickitung, Throh, Sawk,and Absol get pre-evolutions
- There are two teams, Team Acid and Team Base. Team Acid is a group of thugs who wish to create the “final” type. Team Base steals weak Pokémon from trainers to make them strong. Acid and Base? I’m more inclined to believe that the theme for XY is land versus sky. Team Terra and Team Aero seem more plausible.
- Xerneas and Yveltal represent life and death. The region has had countless wars. Since Pokémon battles started and used to resolve disputes, the region has been a peaceful place. Let’s end war with resorting to helpless creatures that fight it out for us instead!
- One of the new legendary Pokémon is based on a classic chinese dragon. It is Dragon and Fire. When was the last time we got a Dragon/Fire?
- There is a Fairy/Steel legendary that looks like an “angelic knight”
- Legendaries will be DLC. No word yet whether you’ll have to pay. Does this pertain to the event Pokémon? Because it seems likely they will spread them as DLC to prevent early leaking. I’m sure they will be free though
- The player can get different outfits throughout the game, including one based on the white suit of Team Rocket. Other costumes may be distributed through DLCs. Costume DLC seems possible, like they did with C-Gear skins and other minor stuff. Iwata has said that he doesn’t think paid DLC is a fit for every game, and used Pokémon as an example.
- There will be new fossil Pokémon. It would be more surprising if there wouldn’t be any.
- You’ll be able to transfer up to 25 Pokémon at a time from your generation 5 games to X and Y. No mini game for this is required. Sounds too good to be true without a mini-game. I would certainly appreciate this though.
- Gyms are Bug-type, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. No Dark again?
- This time the Elite Four is not based on types, but in stats, more specifically in HP, Attack, Defense and Speed. The Champion uses a mixed team. Does he mean the Champion uses mixed stat Pokémon? Because it would be strange to mention he uses a mixed type team, seeing as every other E4 should use one.
- You will have four different rivals. A childhood friend, a fat kid millionaire, and a Hiker. The fourth rival isn’t described. Don’t get why a Hiker would be my rival
That’s it for today! Keep checking back, as we will have some extra articles about the recently revealed news and obviously more rumours! In the meanwhile, discuss these rumours in the comments below.