PJ’s Note: We investigated the source of the rumors and it appears to be someone attending DigiPen, a college focused on game design in Washington state near Nintendo’s Headquarters. They claim to have played a beta version of the game.
- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor’s English name is Patrice. (PJ’s Note: Although it’s not the name of a tree, it is a masculine French name and sounds kind of like PA-TREE-SS)
- The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style, “Sky Battles”, that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
- ====Updates Below=====
- New move: Belch a Poison-type attack with a base power of 120 but can only be performed if the user is holding a berry and the attack consumes said berry
- New move: Draining Kiss a Fairy-type attack which has a base power of 60 and heals user for the same amount that it damages the enemy for
Pokébeach tells us to be aware of this information, though also he warns to take it with a pinch of salt. He is being kind enough to share this despite risking losing credit if it is false, which is quite respectable in my opinion. After all, we here at PokéJungle also share anything that comes our way, so that we can all discuss its legitimacy together, instead of just one person at the top making all the decisions. I think Pokébeach taking this stance is a credit to the fans.
The only issue is that Pokémon Smash has suggested that Sylveon’s type is effective against Ice, which would clash with Pokébeach’s source. If this information is to be believed, then Smash’s last Eevee-Akiyama friends special does not necessarily reflect what Sylveon’s type is, but rather was relevant to Shokotan’s own abilities instead. Sounds like a bit of a longshot, but it’s the only way the rumour would still work.
One thing for sure though, even if this info is false and Smash’s Eevee Friends Special is instead to be taken seriously, then we are still probably dealing with a new type. Sylveon-Nakagawa was weak against poison, and the only Types that exist that are weak against poison is grass or bug (Gen I), and it definitely can’t be the former.
Do you think this info is true, false? If you think it’s true, why? If you think it’s false, do you still think there is a chance for Fairy? Let us know below!