Autumn is in full swing and November will bring a whole host of events in Pokémon GO to look forward to. Here are the official details:
November Research Breakthrough encounter
From Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Togetic, the Happiness Pokémon, will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter.
A month of different Raid Bosses in five-star raids!
Look forward to challenging different Raid Bosses in five-star raids throughout November!
- From Friday, October 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Darkrai will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), a familiar Pokémon will be returning to five-star raids.
- From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- Stay tuned for more details on the featured Raid Boss that’ll be in five-star raids from Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)!
Each week in November, there’ll be a Raid Hour event on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. local time featuring that week’s five-star Raid Boss.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of November, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: Cubone will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020: Jigglypuff will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Meowth will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Barboach will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
More exciting events and feature updates
Look forward to a Limited Research event happening on November 28, 2020! The featured Pokémon will be announced at a later date.
Soon, you’ll be able to see more information about the Pokémon you’ve come to know and love! For example, if your Pokémon hatched from an Egg, you’ll see which type of Egg it hatched from. If you caught your Pokémon in an encounter after a raid, you’ll be able to see more details about that raid, such as whether it was an EX Raid or a Mega Raid, or whether you battled in the raid remotely or in person. You’ll also see whether you met your Pokémon in a special encounter, such as in an encounter after GO Battle League win, in a Research Breakthrough encounter, or in a surprise encounter after you take a snapshot. You’ll even be able to see whether you caught your Pokémon during one of our ticketed events, like Pokémon GO Fest! We hope this update lets you and your Pokémon take a stroll down memory lane together and reminisce on the happy memories of your meeting!
We’re also updating when Trainers will receive Special Research lines released in the past so that it is not overwhelming for new Trainers. For example, instead of receiving multiple Special Research lines after completing the A Mythical Discovery Special Research, Trainers will receive them later after they make more progress with the Special Research lines they have. This will not affect any Trainers who have already received all of the past Special Research lines.
The Day of the Dead will also be coming to Pokémon GO for those living in Latin America! The official blog has revealed the details:
This year, spirits will return! In addition to our annual Halloween event in Pokémon GO, we will be celebrating the Day of the Dead for the first time with a special event for Trainers in Latin America.
The Day of the Dead is a holiday observed in Mexico and other parts of the Americas that celebrates the lives and the memory of family and friends who are no longer with us. In Mexican tradition, it’s said that the spirits of the deceased return to the world of the living during this special time to share a joyful celebration with their loved ones, surrounded by candles, flowers, fruit, bread, sugar skulls, incense, and other traditional foods and decorations!
Date + Time
Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, November 2, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Pokémon representing the different elements of the Day of the Dead will appear! In the wild, be on the lookout for Cubone, Sunflora, Roselia, Cacnea, Duskull, and Litwick appearing more frequently.
- The following Pokémon will be attracted more frequently to Incense: Gastly, Misdreavus, Absol, Shuppet, Duskull, Drifloon, and Litwick.
- Complete exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Pokémon such as Marowak, Alolan Marowak, Murkrow, and Duskull. If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny one!
- When sharing Pan de Muerto with friends and family, don’t forget to battle together! Poffins will be available as rewards on GO Battle League rewards tracks.
- Check the shop for a special box featuring Incense, Poffins, Star Pieces, and Remote Raid Passes!
- Take a few snapshots for a surprise!
It’s always a good time to celebrate life and good memories with our friends, both old and new. Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy, Trainers! Let’s GO!
A bit of a shame that it can’t be a fun cultural learning moment for all players across the globe, but it is fun that Niantic is doing more regional events! Let us know your thoughts in the comments or on Discord!