A new event has begun in mobile hit Pokémon GO. Trainers can participate in the Battle Showdown by battling other trainers or enjoy bonuses to catching Pokémon or fighting in Gyms. The official site lists the details as follows:
It’s time to challenge team leaders and fellow Trainers for special rewards during our Battle Showdown event! Level up Gym Badges, earn Stardust, and show your team pride during this limited-time event.
Date + Time
- Mar. 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Mar. 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Fighting-type Pokémon like Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite will appear more frequently in the wild.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop!
- 2× Catch, Battle, and Raid Stardust
- 2× XP for Gym Badges
- Earn up to five rewards per day from Trainer Battles, including Rare Candy.
- Earn up to three rewards per day from challenging team leaders, including Rare Candy.
- A new move has been permanently added to the game! Power-Up Punch will now be available for certain Pokémon, such as Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Medicham, and Lucario.
Shiny Machop and Mankey are now available in the wild, so try searching for them while the increased spawn rates last! Let us know what you think down in the comments!