The article below contains spoilers for Pokémon Sun & Moon.
We have chosen not to publish any images obtained from the demo version and as such the information below is a text rundown of what has been uncovered. The comment section of this article will also contain spoilers.
The demo version of Pokémon Sun & Moon is currently live in some regions and some avid trainers have gotten to work uncovering everything the demo has to offer.
It seems that lessons haven’t been learned from Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and the demo files contain information on some currently unannounced Pokémon and over information. It’s unknown if the demo contains files for all new Pokémon in the games, though at this point it seems almost definite.
The demo contains files confirming the existence of many more Alolan Pokémon:
- Geodude, Graveler and Golem
- Diglett and Dugtrio
New Pokémon & Ultra Beasts
- There are at least five new Ultra Beasts, bringing the total to 8
- The leaked Starter Pokémon evolutions are real
- Pikipek appears to evolve into a toucan Pokémon in it’s final stage
- Crabrawler, Wimpod, Morelull and Salandit all receive evolutions
- Solgaleo and Lunala both have a pre evolution/lesser form
- A new Pokémon that appears to be based on an anchor
- A new Pokémon and it’s evolution that were previously leaked by an Amazon listing for the upcoming Sun & Moon TCG expansion
- Another two Pokémon evolution line that appears to be part Bug type
- Marshadow is a real Pokémon, but doesn’t look anything like Solgaleo or Lunala
- Magearna has a form that looks more like a traditional Poké Ball
- Ash Pikachu is in the game and appears to be able to wear Ash’s hat from each region of the anime
- [NEW] The Pokémon models found within the demo are only from Pokémon found in the Alola Pokédex
[NEW] Pokémon Moves
- It seems there are a total of 719 moves in the games, by comparison Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire had 621
- 3 of these new moves appear to be taught via TM
- 29 of the new moves are Z-Moves (18 Z-Moves for each type and 11 special Z-Moves)
- HMs no longer exist and are not available as a regular TM
- There are 920 items present in the demo, 58 of which are related to Z-Moves
- A new medicinal item similar to Lava Cookie that cures all
- A new battle item with held effect (like Dire Hit)
- At least 6 new holdable items with effects
- A Key Item that is likely used to change Zygarde forms
- 3 items that are used to change forms
- Bikes and Travel Trunks (an unused key item) are not in the demo/games
- The Strange Souvenir item data appears unchanged in the games
- 1 new type of Poké Ball
- It appears the new ball cannot be bought or sold
We will update with further details if and when they come.
REMEMBER: This information is currently unannounced and has been leaked from the demo. Please respect the wishes of others and mark your spoilers correctly.