The official artwork for Pokémon Go’s team leader’s was revealed during Niantic’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con! Introducing Team Valor’s Candela, Team Mystic’s Blanche, and Team Instinct’s Spark! Previously seen only as silhouettes when prompted to choose a team once you reach level 5, they’ll play a bigger role in the game as time goes on. What I want to know is who decided the names for these guys. :s
Here are some other tidbits from CEO John Hanke at the SDCC panel:
- Server issues: Hanke told the crowded ballroom that Niantic “wasn’t provisioned for what happened” and that they’re working hard on keeping the servers up and reliable before they add new features. Hanke specifically mentioned they’re working on fixing things like the broken Pokémon radar system.
- Legendaries are coming to Go: “There are some rare ones that haven’t showed up yet that will be showing up.” Fear not, all original 151 will be available despite only 145 being catchable now.
- Your team will be more important: Team Instinct, Team Valor, and Team Mystic has one of the three Legendary Birds associated with it, and that might play into which of those same birds players can catch. “They’re kinda aligned with the teams, and we might have something to announce about the teams soon,” says Hanke. “Plus, the leaders of each team will start dispensing advice to players sooner rather than later”
- Pokémon Centers to come: Hanke hints at being able to turn some Pokéstops into Pokémon Centers, where you can heal your Pokémon, just like in the main games.
- Users haven’t found everything…yet: Users have independently discovered that nicknaming Eevee “Pyro,” “Rainer,” or “Sparky” will ensure that it evolves into Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon, respectively; Hanke confirms that this was intentional, and there are plenty more easter eggs which players haven’t found.
Is your first look at the leaders making you second guess your allegiance? How many Pokémon have you caught, and what level are you in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below or in our forums and our brand new chat!