It’s no lie that we’ve been working towards launching our tournament for a while now. We’ve carefully considered formats and rules to make the best experience we could and we’ve made several changes over the last few months to get the tournament to exactly how we want it. However, we’ve decided to make some fairly substantial last minute changes.
Groups Stage Changes
Last week we announced the listings for each individual group within the tournament. these groups each contain 5 people who will all battle one another in an attempt to gain the most points and proceed to the elimination round. Alongside these group listings we announced the dates slots each group would need to compete in order to have their scores counted.
We realised it was perhaps a little unfair that some competitors would have longer to work on their teams as their group didn’t need to compete until later in the month. As such, we’ve now decided that all groups will battle in the same period. From July 24 until August 7 every competitor in each group much complete all necessary battles to have their points count. A reminder of your group can be found below.
FrostByte, Gangplank Olaf, Chandelure16, MenacingCascoon, RocketClauncher
LoarkHD, ShinyTrapinch, Yveltal’s Minion, Chicolombia, regidudeam
DefensiveBastiodon, MissMilotic, Chaos, Roksyth, primalwulf
premiertrainer, Lasgorndalf, Miniryu-Ninja, rawbread, Rheneas
LaserDragonX, Marko XY, EarthenWarrior, jotawonka, Jordinite
Gentleman of Sinnoh, Maple, AliceXVI, Spetsnaz, Zeromyraid
UmbreonLifts, simkenno, HeavyMetalFairy, Edgaroth, RIOspeedwagon
Themightywyvern, SilverRioluALPHA, ShinyLickitung, Sexystarbits, SlipperySceptile [/spoiler]
We’ve always known that we would require all participants to submit their teams before competing. Now is the time to do that. Below is a form asking participants to submit details of their team before competing. It’s important all competitors do this before beginning battles so we can store the information and us it should any disagreements or claims of cheating occur. No one other than selected staff members has access to this information.
Submissions for teams must be submitted by the 24th of July CST. The tournament will officially start later that day, or earlier if all competitors submit before the soft deadline. Any delays in submitting your team will simply mean you lose the maximum amount of time to compete you battles within.
As one more reminder to our readers, the rules for the tournament can be found below. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification. Disqualification will also occur if we find any competitors actively being deceitful or lying to others, cheating in any way, deliberate disconnecting or any other nefarious behaviour – including in the site comments and chat. Rules breakers will lose the match and will be disqualified completely.
When choosing Pokémon to take part in the PokéJungle Tournament, it’s important they all conform to our rules for entry, as seen below.
- All Pokémon must be legitimately obtainable in Pokémon X & Y. We are allowing transferring of Pokémon from older games through Poké Transporter
- The following Pokémon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Mega Latias and Mega Latios are also banned.
- Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number
- Two or more Pokémon cannot have the same nickname in a team
- Pokémon cannot be nicknamed using the name of another Pokémon. (For example naming a Sewaddle “Snover”)
- Pokémon able to Mega Evolve are allowed to do so
- Any Pokémon used by players that are above Level 50 will be lowered to Level 50. Pokémon below Level 50 will be raised to Level 50.
- Players will be required to use 6 Pokémon throughout the tournament. These Pokémon will remain the same through the entire tournament and cannot be changed.
- All matches will be played in the Singles, 6 VS. 6 format
- Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item
- Your Pokémon team must remain the same through the entirety of the tournament. No changes are allowed unless we state otherwise
- An intentional disconnection from the battle will result in an automatic forfeit
We’re now incredibly close to the tournament starting and we hope that all our competitors are ready, or almost there. We will provide an launch post on the 24th with details on how to arrange battles and kicking off the tournament.
Finally, as we always like to do, we want to ask our readers to submit any questions they may have about the tournament; or raise any problems or issues they may have. Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter where you can contact us and get the latest Pokémon news and updates!