…has appeared! That’s right! It’s time to get off the subject of Pokemon for a second! What are you all playing right now? The gaming world has seen TONS of great releases lately, so I’m curious as to what our readers have bought or want to pick up (Christmas soon!). Here’s a list of some games that came out recently (clicking on product details is simply the Amazon page with the technical stuff I don’t care about):
- Skyrim – The rest of the titles are Nintendo, but I could not talk about current games without bringing this one in! I’ll be getting my copy (had to ship from the US to my apt in Japan) and I cannot wait to dive in. Some of you may have experience with Morrowind or Oblivion, the latter of which stole 150hrs of my life. The Elder Scrolls series has consistently produced games that one can get lost in. Too excited for this to arrive *_* (Product Details)
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – This would be the game that I wish I had a Wii for. Based on the reviews I’ve read… it seems magnificent. Didn’t pick up Twilight Princess because of too many other things to buy while I was still living in the US, but for some reason this new LoZ title seems to be much more interesting to me. I’m sad I don’t have a Wii 🙁 (Product Details)
- Super Mario 3D Land – At some point in the future I will be getting this 3DS title. I have a Japanese one, which means that games that heavily feature dialogue or storytelling are lost on me (…can’t play English games ‘cos of region locking, feels bad man). Mario is definitely one of those games that can be enjoyed no matter what language you buy it in though, which makes it perfect for me. My Japanese is actually not bad, but the level of kanji and vocabulary comprehension you need to play Japanese games is still a bit above me. (Product Details)
- Pokemon Rumble Blast – Yeah, last month’s title, but still relevant if you ask me. Did you guys buy it? Skip it? Waiting for Santa? :p (Product Details)
- And outside of our Nintendo haven there are quite a few other notable releases, including Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and probably some other nice console titles.