As we previously reported was likely, a Shiny Eternatus distribution has been officially announced for GameStop (US/Canada), EB Games (Australia/New Zealand) and various stores in the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore. Fans will be able to receive a code for use in their Pokémon Sword and Shield at the stores from September 18 until October 1. Although store staff occasionally get confused, there is no Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet pre-order required to receive the code.
Shiny Eternatus details
The Eternatus will have the following attributes:
- Level: 100
- Ability: Pressure
- Nature: Timid
- Dynamax Cannon
- Sludge Bomb
How to receive Shiny Eternatus
Using the code obtained at GameStop or EB Games, you can redeem it from the Mystery Gift menu of your games via the code option. The official instructions are below:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
Let us know if you plan on making a trip out to either store to grab a code! Eternatus is shiny-locked in Sword and Shield, so this will be a rare opportunity to legitimately obtain its shiny form! Don’t forget to join our Discord server and also enter our $50 eShop card giveaway!