Warning: This article could contain spoilers if the rumors turn out to be true, but we share rumors only as a discussion point. Please be responsible when talking about them and do not treat them as factual, confirmed information.
Get ready to ride
Two weeks ago, Pokémon leaker Riddler Khu shared the following image as a hint towards the Violet‘s Legendary Pokémon mascot and it featured many past Legendary Pokémon being ridden by trainers.
What we saw in today’s trailer was the reveal of both version’s Legendary Pokémon, who seemed to have some particular physical attributes. I’ve made a diagram of some of the areas that may be used as part of their “vehicle mode.”
- Green arrow: Miraidon’s forehead area bears resemblance to a windshield
- Red arrows: Koraidon and Miraidon appear to have wheels. Koraidon’s resembles a normal rubber tire, while Miraidon’s is much more futuristic and may not even touch the ground when active
- Pink arrows: You can see shoulder extensions on both Pokémon that look suspiciously like handlebars
- Yellow arrow: Miraidon’s “seat” is visible in its art, whereas Koraidon’s feathers may or may not serve that purpose (I only marked the clear seat on Miraidon)
- Blue arrows: Koraidon may have a rear tire-esque component and Miraidon seems to be some sort of hover tricycle with two engines
Hidden in both Koraidon’s and Miraidon’s names are the Japanese word “raido”, meaning “ride”. In fact, when said in English, it sounds very much like ride-on.
One other aspect of Riddler Khu’s hints are about multiple forms for these beasts beyond simply a single riding form. It is hypothesized that they will actually be able to traverse all terrain in similar fashion to the Pokémon we used in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. There may be five forms in total.
Regional gas stations?
The Pokémon Centers (if that is what they are) seem very similar to small gas stations or rest stops. Will we need to refuel them? Or are these unrelated to the riding function entirely? That is one thing that we don’t know.
What do you think of Khu’s hints compared to what we saw in the trailer today? Are you ready to believe that we may be riding these legendaries around the region? Let us know your thoughts in the comments and hop into the ongoing discussion in our Discord server!