Pokémon Legends: Arceus has started its global release and is now (officially) in the hands of players across the world! The game seems well received across the board and looks to be on course to be one of the best rated Pokémon games of all time. We hope all of our fans enjoy the game when they have it in their hands, but until then we’ve got business to attend to…
Kalos Knockout Results
Once again, despite the late publication of this article the voting for the Kalos Round was held for one week on Twitter and our Discord server. This time we’ve decided to show the votes as a total number rather than a percentage, so we can accurately show how many votes each Pokémon is receiving each round. For fans of Water-type starters this was a very good round, here are the results!
Froakie became the first Water-type Starter to take first place, while Fennekin took second place, with a huge difference in votes compared to Chespin in third place! There was minimal difference between how fans voted on Twitter VS Discord, seemingly making the end results representative of overall fan opinions. Do you agree with the results? Is Froakie the #1 Kalos Starter? Let us know in the comments below.
|Twitter Votes||Discord Vote||Total Votes|
Starter Showdown will be split across 9 rounds of voting: one round for each region, with Kanto receiving an additional round for the Let’s Go games. The rounds will be as follows:
- Galar Round:🥇 Scorbunny, 🥈 Sobble, 🥉 Grookey
- Alola Round:🥇 Rowlet, 🥈 Popplio, 🥉 Litten
- Kalos Round:🥇 Froakie, 🥈 Fennekin, 🥉 Chespin
- Unova Round: Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig
- Sinnoh Round: Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar
- Hoenn Round: Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic
- Johto Round: Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil
- Kanto Round I: Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander
- Kanto Round II: Pikachu and Eevee
Unova Round Voting
With the results of the Kalos Round out of the way, we swiftly move on to the Unova voting round! Unova made its first appearance in Pokémon Black & White, released in 2010. The games were considered a somewhat semi-reboot and offered a fresh-yet-familiar take on the Pokémon series we all knew and loved.
The Unova Starter Pokémon were gifted to players from Professor Juniper in Pokémon Black, White and Black 2. Before release of the games fans speculated and pined for the new group of Starters to get new typing that differed from the pattern they were used to, but ultimate they remained the same.
- Snivy the Grass Snake Pokémon is the Grass-type Starter of the Unova region. It’s said that the more sunlight its tail absorbs the faster it can move. It remains a pure Grass-type Pokémon throughout its evolution line.
- Tepig is the Fire-type Fire Pig Pokémon and is able to easily dodge attacks from its enemies and enjoys eating berries it has roasted using flames from its snout.
- Oshawott is the Water-type Sea Otter Pokémon. It uses the scalchop on its stomach to fight, but will also use it to break open hard berries before eating them.
These three Pokémon definitely raised some eyebrows when they were first revealed, but they have undoubtedly becomes some fan favourites in recent years. The question is, which gets your vote? As always you can place your votes using our Twitter poll below, or by visiting our Discord server and checking the #starter-showdown channel. Voting will remain open for a week after which the results and next round will be live!
We hope everyone enjoys Pokémon Legends: Arceus and can’t wait to share more about the game in the coming days. Thank you for being a part of the PokéJungle community and be sure to join us on social media: