The media blitz ahead of New Pokémon Snap‘s April 30 release has begun! Several gaming outlets have been able to watch an extended demonstration of the game, which revealed a few previously unknown tidbits.
Fresh revelations about New Pokémon Snap
- The game features optional motion controls for aiming the camera
- New Pokémon Snap features voice acting, just like the original
- There is a day and night system which changes what Pokémon will appear
- The time of day can affect Pokémon behavior
- Pokémon can be lured in with Illumina Orbs or have their attention gained with the camera’s scan function
- More Pokémon will appear the more you play
- At least some levels have multiple routes and times that can be explored, changing what Pokémon appear
Snap preview articles
Below are just some of the articles that have been written about the preview, but many outlets have published pieces about it.
Has this got you even more hyped for the release of New Pokémon Snap next month? Let us know your own thoughts about the game in the comments below or join our Discord server to chat about it!
PSST- Don’t forget to enter our Easter Pikachu plushie giveaway!