Fans of the Unova region will be starting their new year off right; Pokémon GO will be hold a celebration of the region and its Pokémon from January 5. You can read the official details below:
Date + Time
Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, January 10, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Stay tuned for Collection Challenges, a new feature in the Today View that’ll make Pokémon GO events all the more exciting to experience! More details to come in early January.
Up next: Sinnoh! An event celebrating the Sinnoh region will be happening from Tuesday, January 12, 2021, to Sunday, January 17, 2021. Stay tuned for more details!
Kiiiiinda bitter that Sewaddle is not getting increased rates in the wild and is being relegated to eggs. Guess I better start hatching, huh? Let me know your own thoughts on the celebration in the comments or on Discord!