Pokémon Masters has had a troubled first year. Players seemed rather underwhelmed by the free-to-play app and the developers have had to make significant changes in order to boost player engagement. That included introducing eggs to expand the number of Pokémon the player character can use, adding free daily items and new types of events.
The latest major change is probably the most controversial—there is now a stamina system in the game. That being said, it doesn’t feel all that bad and the introduction of skip tickets makes play sessions much less tedious.
All those updates mean the game is pretty different than when it launched. So different, in fact, they’re changing the name of the game! It will now be known as Pokémon Masters EX!
So what else is coming to the game? Here’s the latest, straight from developer DeNA and Pokémon:
- Sygna Suit Cynthia & Kommo-o: The Dragon-type sync pair of Sygna Suit Cynthia & Kommo-o will make their debut in the sync pair Spotlight Scout, which is available now until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time. A Sygna Suit is a special outfit that Trainers can wear into battle on the island of Pasio. This sync pair uses moves like Eyes on the Prize!, which raises a player’s critical-hit rate while also reducing their sync move countdown, and Clanging Scales, which attacks all opponents at once.
- Legendary Event – Cyrus & Palkia: The sync pair of Cyrus & Palkia star in an in-game event titled New World Dilemma, which is available now until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time for those that have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. In this event, players will embark on an adventure with Cyrus, the boss of the villainous Team Galactic, and Sygna Suit Cynthia. Players who complete New World Dilemma will have the sync pair of Cyrus & Palkia join their teams
- Lance & Dragonite Return: The Dragon-type sync pair of Lance & Dragonite has returned and will be available in the sync pair Spotlight Scout from August 19 at 11:00PM Pacific time until September 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time.
- Rock-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Rock-type Pokémon such as Aeordactyl, Onix, Geodude, and Kabuto. Rare shiny versions of Aerodactyl and Kabuto can also be obtained. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event is available now until August 24 at 10:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- Explore the Celebration-Themed Pokémon Center: A specially decorated version of the in-game Pokémon Center will be available for players to explore for a limited time. This version of the Pokémon Center features new background music and a giant statue of Lear.
- Run-Up to One-Year Anniversary – Login Bonus & Mission Bingo: Players who login to the game and complete the Run-Up to One Year Mission Bingo before August 27 at 10:59PM Pacific time will receive up to 3,000 Gems, 225 Skip Tickets, and other in-game rewards.
They’ve also created a mini-site about the first anniversary and upcoming changes. What do you think? Willing to give Pokémon Masters another try? Or did you never stop? Let us know in the comments!
Don’t forget to join our active Discord server for more Pokémon discussions!