Niantic has given Pokémon fans a reason to celebrate—a special Wurmple wearing a party hat will be available to hatch from eggs during the Adventure Sync Hatchathon! From the official site:
Ready those Incubators! The Adventure Sync Hatchathon is back, and it’s the perfect time to get a leg up on your New Year’s resolutions. During the Adventure Sync Hatchathon, you can be rewarded with extra Stardust, Rare Candies, and a Unova Stone if you walk a certain distance. You can find Pokémon wearing party hats by hatching Eggs and encountering Pokémon in the wild, too.
Date + Time
From Thursday, January 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- You might be able to hatch a Pichu or Wurmple wearing a party hat from a 2 km Egg.
- You’ll have the chance to hatch Pichu wearing party hats from 7 km Eggs.
- In two-star raids, you’ll have the chance to challenge Raticate and Wobbuffet wearing party hats.
- In the wild, Pikachu wearing party hats will be available to catch.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raticate, Pikachu, Pichu, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple—all of them wearing party hats!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- 2× Hatch Stardust
- Adventure Sync reward for walking 50 km: 50,000 Stardust, 15 Rare Candies, and a guaranteed Unova Stone
- Celebrate 2020 with the 2020 Specs! Now available in the Style Shop.
Be sure to share your GO Snapshot photos of Wurmple wearing a party hat on social media with #GOsnapshot! Let’s GO!
This is basically a meme come to life, with the celebratory Bug-type Pokémon first being seen in a New Year’s loading screen. If you want to add it to your collection, you had better start walking and hatching those eggs!
Share some pics if you do get one! How was your New Year’s? Feel free to share down in the comments or join the discussion on Discord!