WARNING: Rumor posts are used as discussion starting points—do not take these as fact or believe them to be true. Do not pass them on as such. Watch for confirmation from official information.
A post was made on May 24 on an anonymous imageboard which stated that a new trailer would be shown a week before E3 (which begins June 11). On May 27 it was revealed that a Pokémon Direct would be aired on June 5, essentially a week before E3 began.
To make sure this was not just a coincidence and that dropping a trailer a week before E3 was a standard thing to do, I worked with Joe Merrick of Serebii to track down past trailer releases for Generations VI & VII. It turns out there is no exact precedent that would make it an easy guess. That being said, assume that the rumor is fake until any official proof surfaces. A good guess does not make it true.
Here is the post in question:
17 Galarian Forms.
There are only Johto and Hoenn-Pokemon. Sorry, Sinnoh-Fans.
- Noctowl: Ice/Flying (Becomes black, with bits of dark blue.)
- Sentret: Normal/Ground (Now has steel-claws)
- Furret: Normal/Ground (Has a drill on its tail)
- Spinarak: Bug/Ghost (is now black, but the smiley on it’s black is a bright pink)
- Ariados: Bug/Ghost (Same as Spinerak. Now has a spooky angry-face on it’s back.)
- Jumpluff: Grass/Fairy (Body becomes white, pom-pom-things turn pink)
- Sudowoodo: Steel (Now disguised as a pinetree)
- Houndour: Dark/Ice (“skull” on its head is now made out of ice)
- Houndoom: Dark/Ice (Horns and bone-parts are now Icicles)
- Magcargo: Fire/Water (Has now a seashell as it’s house)
- Ralts: Dark/Fairy (Green “Helmet” turns dark blue and the dress-part becomes purple)
- Kirlia: Dark/Fairy (Same as Ralts, but it’s legs stay white)
- Gardevoir: Dark/Fairy (The same as previous, looks a bit like it’s Mega)
- Zangoose: Fighting/Dark (White fur becomes black, has sharper claws)
- Seviper: Poison/Steel (Has a giant iron spike-ball instead of it’s Knife-tail)
- Spoink: Poison (Tail is made of purple sludge and it’s crystal is dark purple)
- Grumpig: Poison/Ghost (same with spoink, but it’s pink parts become dark green)
New trailer a week before e3, goodnight.
The only changes I made were to format the text. This would obviously be huge news if true—I guess we’ll see in a week!
Let us know what you think AND if you have a favorite “Galarian Form” from the list above in the comments! Or join us on Discord for live Pokémon chat.
Special thanks to MudkipMemo (check him out on YouTube) who alerted me to this news!
Thanks for reading
If you enjoy our articles, both news and original content, consider supporting us on Patreon! Currently raising money to support the site while I start life in the US with my fiancé. Thank you to all our readers!