A new teaser trailer has been released to highlight the coming addition of Pokémon originally from the Sinnoh to Pokémon GO! Trainers get to see just a peak of Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar which will soon be available to catch.
In addition to the new Pokémon, several changes to the game are also being made. Here’s a list of some of the changes from the official site:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
I’m sure many trainers are hoping that this brings some long-awaited boosts to Pokémon who have found it hard to compete in the meta.
Any particular Gen IV Pokémon you’re looking forward to capturing?!