Pokémon GO has not been slacking in the the event department and fans should make sure they don’t miss any of the action. There are currently two on-going events, the first which rewards players for trading Pokémon:
Whether you’re seeking a new Pokédex entry or awaiting the arrival of a Lucky Pokémon, you’ll get a chance to enjoy special bonuses starting August 2 at 1:00 P.M. PDT. All trades—including Special Trades—will cost 25% less Stardust to complete! This lasts until August 19 at 9:00 P.M. PDT and applies to all friends, even brand-new ones.
You can earn more Candy during every trade—netting up to six Candies total. Plus, keep an eye out when you encounter a Pokémon not currently in your Pokédex, as you’ll receive triple XP when you gain a new entry!
As for the second, you can encounter Raikou as a reward for completing a Research Breakthrough for Professor Willow! If that isn’t enough, some of the Research Tasks have a chance of rewarding a shiny Houndour, Mareep or Snubbull. Courtesy of fellow fansite Pokémon GO Hub, here are all the quests and their rewards:
- Land 3 curveballs in a row – Encounter (Spinda)
- Evolve a Meowth – Encounter (Houndour-Shiny potential)
- Catch a Meowth or Growlithe – Encounter (Electrike)
- Catch a Skitty or Poochyena – Encounter (Snubbull-Shiny Potential)
- Transfer 10 Pokémon – Encounter (Misdreavus)
- Use 5 berries to help catch a Pokémon – Encounter (Girafarig)
- Catch 5 Electric Pokémon – Encounter (Mareep – Shiny Potential)
- Catch 5 Pokémon with Weather Boost – Encounter (Poliwag)
- Hatch an Egg – Encounter (Lanturn)
Later this month the last Safari Zone event of 2018 will be happening in Japan from August 29 – September 2. Even if you’re not able to attend in-person (and registration is now closed) you still get a chance to encounter a Shiny Wingull while the event is taking place!
Finally, Niantic has gone on record in a Polish interview that they hope to release PVP battling before the end of the year! This would finally allow trainers to challenge each other to private battles instead of competing solely through gym control. We’re crossing our fingers!