Weekly Wrap Up is our end of the week digest of smaller news stories that are just as important, but didn’t get a dedicated post! If you’d like to get real time updates about what’s mentioned here you can follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Here’s what you missed from April 30th to May 6th!
This Week’s Big Stories
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
- The newest Global Mission has begun! This mission asks players earn as many Battle Points as possible from the Battle Tree, with the goal of reaching 2 million by May 14th! As usual, if the mission ends in success all participants will receive 2,000 Festival Coins (4,000 if connected to the Global Link). However, if it ends in failure everyone will only receive 1,000 FC (2,000 if connected to the Global Link)
- The Ultra No Holds Barred competition is coming! Registration for this Single Battle competition is open from May 17th to May 24th, while the actual battles will take place from May 25th through May 27th. All Pokémon will temporarily be raised to Level 100 during the competition, and the use of the following Pokémon is prohibited: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo, and Lunala. As usual, all participants will receive 50 Battle Points!
Trading Card Game
- This week saw the release of the new Pokémon Sun & Moon TCG set, Forbidden Light! The set contains 146 cards featuring Pokémon native to the Kalos region and the introduction of Ultra Necrozma
- The newest Pokémon GO patch is now live! It includes some bug fixes, the new ability to use Lucky Eggs and Star Pieces from the Gym lobby, and allows for bigger screen optimization
- Niantic has hinted at a repeat of last year’s Adventure Week event through their monthly newsletter. No other information or confirmation has been released yet
- Sign ups for the latest Team Match are now live! It runs from May 11th and allows you to receive the Shiny Espeon figure as a reward
- Requiring 247 MB, version 6.0.4 of the mobile game is now available for download! The patch introduces some new plates and figures:
- UX Figures: Mega Tyranitar, Mega Aggron, and Shaymin Sky Form
- EX Figures: Regirock and Shaymin Land Form
- R Figures: Lycanroc Midday Form and Lycanroc Midnight Form
- UC Figures: Relicanth and Rockruff
- An Escalation Battle featuring Darkrai will be available until May 14th
- The following stages are all available until May 8th as part of the 12th Week of Pokémon Shuffle’s event cycle:
- The Ultra Challenge Stage against Xurkitree
- The Great Challenge Stages consist of Kingdra, Turtwig (Winking), Rhyperior, Togekiss (Winking), and Reshiram
- This week’s Daily Pokémon stages are Slurpuff (Winking), Audino (Winking), Togetic (Winking), Carbink (Winking), and Swirlix (Winking)
- The One Chance Per Day stage features Thundurus
Check out the official Pokémon merchandise that was either revealed, leaked, or is now available for purchase this week:
Big thanks to Pokéshopper as always for scouring the internet for merchandise news!