REMINDER: We discuss rumors not to pass them off as
fake news confirmed information, but to stimulate discussion and highlight possibilities. Never treat this or share this as fact, because it is entirely unconfirmed information which may or may not be true.
The next main Pokémon title has already been confirmed to be a Nintendo Switch game, but not much else is officially known at this point. This hasn’t stopped some Chinese sources from sharing potential information about the game though. Our intrepid rumor reporter PokéSirena (you can follow her on Twitter) has helped us track down and translate the latest online gossip. These are from some of the same people who knew about Rainbow Rocket before it was revealed which is why we’ve taken particular note.
- The Chinese localization team has already finished translating the games’ script
- There will be no new Mega Evolutions introduced in the new games
- Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons
- Central plot revolves around the conflict between tradition and innovation
- Region inspiration has been rumored to be Spain or Italy
- Release to come late 2018 (~December) or early 2019
These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.
If the above were to be true it would certainly be a change for longtime Trainers and could have the potential to disrupt the deep strategy game competitive players love.
What do you think?
REMINDER: In the spirit of giving we’ve added a few days to enter in our GIVEAWAY so be sure to do so ASAP!