Pokémon has announced a press conference being held today to announce new business strategies and company partnerships. This unexpected development could mean anything for the series and fans are eagerly awaiting what it could mean.
The conference is being held on Japanese video site NicoNico and we’ll be updating this post with the information that comes from it. Make sure to refresh!
- The stream has started! Does anybody have any guesses as to what’s going to be announced??
- New Nintendo collaboration with Niantic, Inc. featuring a product based on Augmented Reality for mobile devices.
- Pokemon Go will be making its way to iPhone and Android devices in 2016.
- I have included a link for the new Pokemon Go trailer at the bottom of this article.
- Junichi Masuda is now on the stage.
- Mr. Masuda mentioned how he thought 2016 was going to be a big year for Pokemon considering it’d be Pokemon’s 20th anniversary. No sign of main-series game, however.
- Pokemon Go Plus revealed. It’s a device that connects via Blue Tooth with Pokemon Go and notifies you of what’s happening around you in the game via LED lights.
- Aaaaand that’s a wrap! No new main-series game announcements, unfortunately. Be sure to watch the trailer for Pokemon Go that is posted below and let us know in the comments if you’ll be playing it on your smartphone device in 2016.
Update: Pokemon Go will be free to play but will also feature in-app purchases.
Thank you PJ for letting me cover this news conference and I hope to return to cover some more news in the near future!