This is it. Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Sony all gave their E3 presentations yesterday and gave an excellent look at the games they plan to deliver over the next few years. Today is the turn of Nintendo. Once again Nintendo will be delivering their content in a special digital event, rather than an actual conference held in Los Angeles.
Here is where you’ll find all our coverage of the entire event, though expect a separate coverage post for any Pokémon-related news. We are a Pokémon site after all! In this post you’ll find a live stream, the PokéJungle Chat, our coverage and the comments section full of bustling conversation. Got a question? Ask it below! We want to hear all of your thoughts about E3 this year. What are you most excited for? Anything, put it below!
Don’t forget, for full coverage check out Retry Level!
- The broadcast has started!
- Nintendo’s gone all serious, like. With dubstep and fighting.
Smash Bros. and amiibo
- Smash Bros. Wii U is up first, showing off the Mii Fighters
- There are three vareties of fighters: Brawlers, Sword Fighters and gunners. All with different abilities and fighting techniques. Each type is a separate fighters. Now you can’t fight against anyone (as a Mii)
- amiibo has been announced – a “toys to life” system. This is Nintendo’s NFC figurines. amiibo will activate data in compatible games, data can change within the amiibo. The first game supporting amiibo is Super Smash Bros. Wii U, both launching Holiday 2014.
- Other Nintendo games will support amiibo, with Mario Kart 8 gaining support in the future.
Yoshi’s Woolly World
- Next up is Yoshi’s Woolly World – this is a Yoshi game, not a sequel to Kirby’s Epic Yarn. Said Kirby game has however, been used to create a new Yoshi game with elements drawn from it.
- The game has an absolutely adorable style and is centred around exploration; Yoshi’s abilities are able to be utilised in exploration
- The game will now feature 2 player mode. Allowing you to overcome obstacles as a team. You can eat the other Yoshi to spit them out, either helping them or attacking them
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Captain Toad has been announced and is a 3D platforming game featuring Toad from the MArio series. Available Holiday 2014.
The Legend of Zelda
- The latest Zelda game is coming to Wii U. Welcome to the new world of Zelda! Boundaries have been removed from the game, this is a proper open-world Zelda game
- The game will arrive in 2015
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire release November 21st in North America and November 28th in Europe
- Missed some stuff covering Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire trailer. Mario Maker has been confirmed and allows you to create you own Mario levels
- Splatoon is a new multiplayer game in which the player has to cover maps in their teams ink colour. Using the Wii U Game Pad’s gyroscope allows you to control your character and where you shoot accordingly
- The Game Pad has numerous features, allowing you to track your allies and move next to them