The first part of the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet downloadable content from The Hidden Treasure Of Area Zero, The Teal Mask, is now available for players to download with a patch to the main game.
Pokémon DLC trailer
Pokémon DLC: The Teal Mask game information coverage
We will be updating our Scarlet & Violet coverage with information and updates to the DLC section of our website! Pages that are added and updated will be listed below.
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New Pokémon – In the process of being updated. There may be spoilers here.
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New TMs – More info about individual TMs, including descriptions, materials and locations will be updated throughout the next few days
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New Items – Will be expanding with item locations in the future, but here is a list of new items added in The Teal Mask DLC
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New Abilities – Will be adding if new abilities are found
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New Pokémon Forms – Please avoid this page if you don’t want to see spoilers
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: New Moves – Page will be updated as more details are uncovered
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC: Returning Pokémon – Players don’t need to buy the DLC to be able to bring these Pokémon into Scarlet & Violet and not all of them can be encountered through normal gameplay
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet DLC update patch notes
The official patch notes can be found below; all players, regardless of whether they bought the DLC or not, can upgrade to version 2.0.1. However, if the DLC has not been purchased, you will not be able to access the new region.
Ver. 2.0.1 (Released September 12, 2023)
Release of The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet
Trainers who have purchased The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero will now be able to enjoy adventures in Part 1: The Teal Mask. Please click here for more details on Part 1: The Teal Mask.
For Trainers who have not purchased The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, additional Pokémon may appear via local or online communication modes.
Newly Added Features
- You will now be able lock the mini map that appears while you are out in the field so that up is always north. You can do this by pressing the Right Stick twice while you have the map app open to select the App and mini maps locked setting.
- Camera settings have been added to the Options menu. These settings will let you adjust how the camera works while you are out in the field.
- We have added a feature that allows you to signal a Pokémon accompanying you in the field to stop and wait where it is. To give this signal, press the Left Stick.
- You can now take pictures by pressing the A Button in the camera app.
- You can now play music by pressing the ZL Button or ZR Button while the camera app is open. You may find that Pokémon accompanying you in the field and people around you will react to the music.
- While using the Union Circle, Trainers can now share photos they have taken with the camera app during that Union Circle session with the friends they are playing with.
- We have added a feature to TM Machines that allows you to filter for moves your Pokémon can learn. By interacting with a TM Machine and selecting the option to filter for learnable moves, you will be able to display only TMs containing moves that a specific Pokémon can learn.
Bug Fixes and Feature Adjustments
- Incorrect descriptive text for the moves Ceaseless Edge, Dire Claw, and Stone Axe has been corrected. The descriptions for these moves previously included the words “aiming to land a critical hit,” but these moves do not increase the critical-hit ratio in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. This wording has been removed from these descriptions.
- We have fixed a bug where the Itemfinder Mark would not be applied to a Pokémon even if the conditions were met.
- Wild Pokémon that have the Titan Mark will now reappear in the field after a certain amount of time if they have been defeated.
- We have made adjustments to the way Pokémon icons are displayed in the Boxes.
- Other select bug fixes have been implemented.
Let us know if you bought the DLC and have started playing! We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or in Discord where people will be chatting about Kitakami and their playthrough of the new content!