Fans have been waiting for the update to Pokémon HOME that allows them to store and retrieve Pokémon to and from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet since the two games launched and that update will finally be coming soon.
On May 23 (see update below), HOME will be updated to version 3.0.0 which will expand its compatibility to include Scarlet and Violet, as well as add additional features.
Update: Pokémon HOME update coming May 29
The international side of Pokémon says that their original dates for the 3.0.0 version update were said in error and that May 23 or 24 would not be when the new version would be pushed out. Instead, it will be released “soon” with
no specific date given (see below for update given May 25).
Update: In a further update, the release for version 3.0.0 will be after maintenance beginning on May 29 at 8 PM EST, 7 PM CST and 5 PM PST.
Highlights from the Pokémon HOME 3.0.0 update
From the official press release:
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul (Roaming Form) from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME.
When bringing Pokémon from a game other than Scarlet and Violet to those games, the Pokémon’s Tera Type will be decided by its original type(s).
Reward for linking Scarlet or Violet to HOME
Players can receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with their Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts by transferring a Pokémon from Scarlet or Violet to HOME from the mobile version of the app!
Are you excited to finally have HOME compatibility with the latest Pokémon games?! Which Pokémon will you be bringing to Scarlet and Violet? Let us know in the comments! Don’t forget to also join our Discord server!