Pokémon HOME is set to launch in February 2020 and today a ton of new information about the cloud-based service has been released.
The official Pokémon website has updated with details about the new service and we have summarised it below to make it easy to understand exactly what we can expect when it launches next month.
How much will Pokémon HOME cost?
Both free and paid plans will be available when the service launches. One month of the Premium plan will cost $2.99, while three months will be $4.99 and a full year will be $15.99.
- Store up to 30 Pokémon
- Deposit 3 Pokémon in Wonder Box at a time
- Deposit 1 Pokémon in the GTS
- Participate in Room Trades
- Store up to 6000 Pokémon
- Transfer Pokémon from Bank to HOME
- Deposit 10 Pokémon for Wonder Box
- Participate and host Room Trades
- See Pokémon IVs
- The Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME is able to connect with Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
- If a Pokémon is transferred from Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Eevee to Pokémon Sword/Shield it cannot be transferred back to the Let’s Go games – Pokémon can however be transferred freely between both Let’s Go games
- Both Nintendo Switch version and the mobile version of Pokémon HOME are able to connect with Pokémon Bank with future plans to support Pokémon GO
Pokémon HOME features four ways to trade your Pokémon with other players:
- Wonder Box allows players to randomly trade with people around the world
- GTS allows players to search for specific Pokémon they are seeking and wish to receive
- Room Trade allows players to create a room and trade among the people in the room, up to a maximum of 20 individuals
- Friend Trade grants the ability to trade with friends added through the Add Friend function in Pokémon HOME
- The number Pokémon players are able to trade at once when using the Wonder Box and GTS can be increased with a Premium Plan. Players can only create room in Room Trade if they are enrolled in a Premium Plan
- Pokémon HOME will feature a National Dex with information on every Pokémon
- Players will have a “room” to customize with games they’ve traded from and stickers
Let us know what you think of the new details announced and what Pokémon you’re looking forward to transferring! Join us on Discord for even more discussions.