Like most modern games and Pokémon titles before them, Pokémon Sword and Shield are offering up incentives in order to get fans to pre-order them before they are officially released on November 15. The pre-order bonuses vary widely between retailers this time around, so it’s worth checking out which bonus is worth the most to you personally.
Sword & Shield pre-order guide
We’ve broken down what kind of bonus is available where. That includes offers of in-store credit, DLC for the games and also physical goods.
Extra in-store credit
These two programs both require membership in the store’s respective programs, so be aware of that before pre-ordering.
- Amazon will give those who pre-order Pokémon Sword & Shield $10 if they are Amazon Prime members (free trial membership available).
- Best Buy will give those who pre-order Pokémon Sword & Shield $10 if they are My Best Buy members (free membership).
- Amazon is distributing special gold-studded leather case costume DLC for your in-game trainers to wear when you pre-order the Sword & Shield Double Pack from them.
- Nintendo eShop gives 12 Quickballs when pre-ordered from the digital marketplace.
When purchased anywhere, the Sword & Shield Double Pack includes codes for Larvitar and Jangmo-o Dynamax Crystals. You’ll be able to encounter the two Pokémon earlier than normal.
- The Pokémon Center Online is offering plush key chain clips of Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble with pre-orders. Buying a single game gets you one random key chain, while pre-ordering the Double Pack will get you all three.
- Nintendo Official UK Store is offering SteelBook game cases for pre-orders, with the Double Pack getting a special gold edition and figurine. Other retailers such as ShopTo and GAME may also have the SteelBooks available.
- Japanese Pokémon Centers are offering a figure with the pre-order of Sword or Shield
- Gamestop is offering a double-sided wall banner with pre-orders of the Sword & Shield Double Pack. On one side is the legendary pokémon for both versions, and on the other is a view of the Galar Region.
As someone from the USA, I can say I am quite jealous of fellow trainers from across the pond; the gold steelbook looks great! Are you planning on pre-ordering? Let us know down in the comments below! For more discussions, head to Discord!
Thanks for reading
If you’d like to support our site, consider donating on Patreon to offset the monthly cost of our server. Thank you! Purchases made through this article may also reimburse the site a small amount!