Further details are coming to light after Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu! and Let’s Go Eevee!’s big reveal yesterday. We’ve compiled some interesting tidbits from various gaming sources around the web.
- The Pikachu or Eevee obtained in the beginning will not be able to evolve, however those caught in the wild will be able to
- Trainers who don’t wish to battle Pikachu or Eevee can put them in a storage box, but the storage system has now been redesigned to be mobile and is now an item in your bag
- Certain characters from the anime may appear over the course of the game, including Team Rocket
- Although you don’t battle wild Pokémon anymore, experience is granted for catching them as well as in Trainer battles
- Pokémon breeding is unavailable
- Any Pokémon among the first 151 available in the game that could carry a trainer are rideable
- Some Alolan variants of Kanto Pokémon will appear
- HMs will not be returning
- Although different accounts on the Nintendo Switch will be able to have different save files there will be no trading or battling between them; all players must have a Switch console for multiplayer beyond the Co-op mode
- The game will run in 1080p in docked mode, and 720p in handheld
Right now questions remain over the availability of WiFi to conduct battles and trades, with some sites (Polygon) saying it exists and others saying that the games are limited to local wireless only.
We’ll keep you posted as more details are released!