Following some rumors about a special “media event” taking place today, the official Pokémon Twitter account has confirmed its existence!
The event will take place at 10:00am JST! Check out when it starts in your neck of the woods, come back, and refresh the page for live updates!
- 6:00pm PTD
- 2:00am DST
- 12:30pm AWEST
- 10:03 – Mr. Ishihara has taken the stage and begun the event! He is currently explaining the background of the Pokémon series leading up to Pokémon GO
- 10:06 – Four things will be talked about during this event. A mobile Pokémon game, a main series hybrid game, a new device, and their plans for 2019
- 10:06 – Pokémon Quest announced! Features a cute, pixel-like, blocky artstyle
- 10:08 – Shigeru Omori has taken the stage to talk about Pokémon Quest
- 10:09 – Stylized blocky forms are called PokéCells
- 10:10 – Point of game is to raise and recruit Pokémon and search for treasure
- 10:12 – Tsubasa Matsuzaki & Kazuki Saita have now taken the stage to talk about Pokémon Quest
- 10:13 – Pokémon Quest takes place on Tumblecube Island
- 10:15 – The Free-to-start game has you recruiting, leveling up, and taking care of Pokémon. Forming teams of three you take on stages to battle enemy Pokémon and find treasure
- 10:18 – Switching to another game – new trailer being shown. Seems to be the hybrid game
- 10:19 – You only use one controller to play the game, and it features catching mechanics similar to Pokémon GO
- 10:19 – Local two player mode using two Joy-Cons confirmed
- 10:20 – There is a special Pokéball controller that goes along with the game – most likely the new device
- 10:20 – You’re able to transfer Pokémon from the game to GO
- 10:21 – Games are confirmed to be the long rumored Let’s Go! Pikachu & Let’s Go! Eevee
- 10:23 – Junichi Masuda is now talking about Let’s Go. The game’s were inspired by Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon GO
- 10:28 – You use the Joy-Con’s motion control capabilities to throw Pokéballs and catch Pokémon like in Pokémon GO
- 10:30 – Shinya Takahashi is now speaking about the new device, called Pokéball Plus
- 10:36 – The Pokéball Plus can be used in Let’s Go as a controller, and has connectivity like HGSS’ Pokéwalker.
- 10:37 – The stage has been handed over to Tatsuo Namura
- 10:43 – Niantic’s CEO, John Hanke’s, turn to talk. Alolan Exeggutor is now live in Pokémon GO
- 10:45 – Pokéball Plus doubles as GO Plus device for Pokémon Go
- 10:46 – Junichi Masuda has taken the stage to announce that there will be a core RPG Pokémon game coming out in the second half of 2019
- 10:47 – Ishihara has taken the stage again
- 10:47 – Pokémon Quest will be available in the Switch eShop shortly after the presentation – coming to mobile June 2018
- 10:49 – Let’s Go is selling for 5,980 Yen, Pokéball Plus for 4,980 Yen in Japan
- 10:52 – The conference is now over – press has been confirmed to be staying in Japan for another two days
- 10:57 – Updated with some pictures! Currently compiling info into a new post for all the official trailers, screenshots, press kit findings, etc.