The Official Pokémon X&Y site has now updated with worldwide details on the new Mega Pokémon, Characters, Pokémon and even more. A new trailer has also been released!
- Pokémon are now able to tap into a strength that allows them to become far strong than they were before. This allows them to Mega Evolve
- Pokémon are only able to Mega Evolve during battles. Once the battle has ended they will revert to their regular evolutions
- Not all Pokémon are able to Mega Evolve, and those that can must meet certain conditions before they can do so. One of those conditions is a Mega Stone (such as a Lucarionite or Blazikenite), which exists for every Pokémon that can Mega Evolve
- When Lucario Mega Evolves its Attack stat increases, and its Ability changes to Adaptability. Using the Lucarionite, Lucario is able to Mega Evolve
- Blaziken Mega Evolves using the Blazikenite item, when the Pokémon evolves its Attack stat will increase
- Dedenne is the Antenna Pokémon, with the typing Electric/Fairy. The Pokémon has the Cheek Pouch ability, which allows the Pokémon to use any berry it is holding with normal benefits, but also restore some HP. Dedenne is able to learn Nuzzle, a new Electric-Type move which does damage the paralyses the foe
- Bunnelby is the Diggin Pokémon. This Normal-Type Pokémon has the Cheek Pouch or Pickup ability.
- Skiddo is the prevolution of Gogoat. You are able to ride it much like its evolved form.
- Super Training will allow players to raise the base stats of their Pokémon easier than they have ever been able to before.
- Super Training can be done on the 3DS touchscreen when you are not in battle or viewing and event. There are various ways you can access Super Training, including through the PSS or Pokémon Amie, you can do it anywhere, any time.
- In some Super Training regimes your Pokémon are able to train themselves. As screenshots show, Froakie can be seen facing a Geodude balloon, firing balls whilst using functions of the 3DS to land hits on the ballon Pokémon
- Players can track the stat increases of their Pokémon using the Effort o Meter
Characters & More
- Korrina is a new Gym Leader of the Kalos Region. She seems to have the ‘key’ to Mega Evolutions
- Shalour City is known for its great views in Kalos. Lady Korrina’s (as she calls herself) Gym is also found there
- The Tower of Mastery appears to have a link with Mega Evolving
- Starting October 12 players will be able to receive a special Torchic holding the Blazikenite, the Mega Stone required for Blaziken to Mega Evolve. This Pokémon will arrive with the alternate ability Speed Boost. This Level 10 Pokémon knows the moves Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, and Ember