Today I’m going to show you how to go from a grunt to a mean, lean, meme-making machine with our new PokéJungle mini-site built just for sharing funny images! One of the goals of this site is to provide a consistent source of entertainment even when there’s no Pokémon news!
Step 1: Make an account
Comments are still separately managed by Disqus, so if you’re only here to discuss images you can use the same Disqus login to comment here as well. We all know that making your own custom Pokémon memes is what any
12 year old adult Pokémon fan would want to do though, and for that you’ll need to register with a new account here. If you hit the little “user” icon under the header you’ll be prompted to login or just try hitting “Create a Post” and you’ll be prompted to login or register.
Step 2: Create a post
- Personality / Trivia Quiz: You can create your own quizzes for others to take!
- Poll: Ask a question, get answers!
- List: Let people know your favorite Pokémon, types, etc
- Open List: Hide items with ability to open them. Could be used for spoilers or other things
- Ranked List: Let people move items up and down with ratings!
- Meme: Add text to an image (if your meme is already premade I recommend uploading under ‘Image’!)
- Image: Upload a finished meme or funny image
- GIF: Upload a GIF (pronouncing it ‘jiff’ will result in a ban 😉 )
You’re not quite finished yet though: let’s finish your brand-new post! We recommend adding 1 or 2 tags to your post so that people can find it easier. This could be a Pokémon name or character (“Ash”, “Sewaddle”) or it could be the name of the game an image comes from. It just makes your content easier to find.
Finally, in the case of a GIF a thumbnail is optional! It will automatically be generated when you submit the image. It works much like YouTube in that a random slice of the image will be selected, so if you want to show the best part of the GIF you can upload a still frame for the thumbnail if you’d like.
Step 3: Submit your post!
It sounds obvious, but the button to actually POST your image could be clearer. It is down at the bottom here:
This is a community site so make sure you give posts you like a rating (“LOL”, “YAAAS”) and even the ones you don’t (“FAIL”)! Posts will then be able to be categorized by the big Buzzfeed-inspired buttons at the top!
Step 5: Share
You may be thinking, “Why share content? Isn’t that what evil sites are always trying to get me to do these days??” Very fair thought to have, but this is a community effort that benefits us in two ways:
- The more people that see funny stuff, the more people that might join our community
- The more people joining our community, the more funny stuff will get posted
A real win-win! I know that this site is NEW and YOUNG, but with our combined effort we can make something great together. And you’ll be one of the earliest supporters 🙂
Hope this helped! Have fun! If you find any bugs, be sure to let me know on Twitter (let’s be real… it’s the easiest way to get in touch with me).