Sign in to follow this  
Malco

Attack the Light

Malco    64

It's an old game, but I want to talk about it since I started recently.

Even though I wasn't a fan of Steven Universe, I knew from the start that this was a great game. It takes a ton of cues from Super Mario RPG (which by the way, is one of the best games of all time) in timing attacks and blocks (they even both use stars).

Story is basic "evil gets released, go out and collect the stuff to contain it" so far, but don't let that stop you from enjoying it.

My current strategy is to favor Amethyst in everything, giving her the exp-up badge, all free level-ups and encouragement (during gauntlets which are basically multiple fights one after the other, you get to pick who to give free exp to). Garnet gets to prioritize attack, while Pearl doesn't do anything.

I have one gripe: having ALL the actions cost star points (you get 5 per combat turn) incentivizes ignoring the character whose skills you practically never use (like my ignoring of Pearl as in the previous paragraph). I wish it was more like Super Mario RPG where you can at least have a normal attack, even if the pool of Flower Points are shared, so at least everyone is used even if you can set up and customize level ups to get dedicated normal attackers (e.g. Mario and Bowser) and dedicated magic users (e.g. Mallow) to optimally spend the Flower Points for the most damage possible.

TeeJay    12

I played and finished this game. I don't play a lot of mobile games because for the most part they're garbage, but I really enjoyed this one. Being a huge Steven Universe fan also helps, lol.

Malco    64

It also helps that it is an inexpensive 10-hour RPG, making it easier to get into. It's also easy enough for kids but have enough challenging elements for RPG veterans.

It would help even more if it were ported to more platforms. PC/Mac would be just perfect for it, as would a 3DS release.

(P.S. SMRPG for N3DS when..?)