We all have or have seen some great fanart in Pokemon, it drives us, moves us, and at times even makes us think deeper about the species.

I am here today presenting the idea of sharing Pokemon art you made in this topic, for all to see!

The idea behind this is to inspire Pokejungle fans to get creative about the species they love and know so well, or tell into the realm beyond the lore of the strange and amazing monsters with pictures, artwork, animations, and other visual medias that can be shown here.

Because this is listed in the Pokemon set of Categories, I would like to ask if you only share adaptations of pokemon confirmed to exist in some way from the anime, card games, video games, or other official elements. In other words, no fakemon, fusions (other than the known and confirmed) or gag pokemon. OCs and Pokesonas are welcome as long as they are based on real pokemon and do not detract or take away from the chance for everyone to enjoy. (No spamming stuff about you OC or Pokesona, you don't wanna have it pushed in your face, so don't do it to others.)

Also, I would recommend if you do post, offer at least one art for us to observe, so the next person has something meaningful to comment on, if you are not an artist, share something inspiring to you!

So to start us off, here's my Version of The Rotom Pokedex:

Rotom%20Pokedex_00001.png

And begin~

Edited by DeerliaDeerling
  • Like 1

Malco    64

That's a great rendition of Rotom-Dex. My only pet peeve is that left arm is attached to it weirdly to the body, shading-wise.

Oooh! Finally. I get to dredge up my new and old pics from my DA. (http://malachitecat.deviantart.com/)

I'll won't dump them all here immedately so I can bump this thread periodically.

Surprisingly for a Pokemon player, I haven't drawn a lot of Pokemon, though.

Here's my latest pic.

splatoon_x_pokemon___gotta_have_them_by_
(http://fav.me/da2jic5)

Very good work, Malco, I love the uniqueness to it, the inkling boy is a perfect touch for a tropical region, and the use of types and species is very diverse.

One slight suggestion i may recommend, you should maybe make this a bit more depth based, add a bg and some shading and you got an inkling ready to say Aloha to Alola~

On 6/10/2016 at 0:42 PM, TeeJay said:

My art isn't the greatest, but I'll post some pictures a bit later.

Take your time, no hurry there, my deer~

Here's another one from me:

Gracie%20Shaymin%20Neo_00001.png

My OC, Gracie Shaymin, is ready for a long day at the beach in Alola!

TeeJay    12

Uh, I guess in the meantime, I drew my avatar myself, and the banner pic in my profile is just a sort of ref page. That'll give you an idea of the kind of art I draw.

Again, not that great but y'know...I only draw occassionally when the mood strikes.

You can link it or share it with us though, you can use links via insert other media > insert image from url.

By doing that, you won't use up any of your limit and can have bigger and more pictures.

Here is a little joke i started between me and Earthenwarrior on the main site, after he tried to assault me with Megahorn:

Chibi%20Deerlia.png

Malco    64

Hm, well he also used Attract, but I guess Rhyperiors get it too.

In other news, last night i sketched Crash Bandicoot running with his (presumably a pet) Popplio.

321bdb7e9863d9e9cf9c0e5b54f2934b4aca7b05

TeeJay    12

3405828-5mufl6--Dgn58aJH.jpgSo this is the Raichu I use to represent myself online.3410988-WSVfuEUza4YMSC6y.jpg

And a while ago I tried drawing a flying Dragonite, but somehow it turned into a Dragonite being a loaf.

I don't really draw backgrounds aside from solid colors, 1) I simply don't have the skills and 2) they're far too much work to try and draw on a 3DS.

Malco    64

Ah, looks neat! Crash's hair looks kinda messier than in my sketch though.

And since you added the crates, it seems like Crash is less "going on a stroll/jog with my best friend/pet" than using Popplio as a battering ram to destroy the crates... :)

And that Dragonite, it looks ripe to become a meme. It looks like it can crawl or drag itself along the ground or something for the sake of comedy...

• Like 1

Malco    64

Nice doggie. He's not officially revealed yet right, so it doesn't have an English name, I suppose.

Do any of you have art sites I can look at, again?

Of course, not to be outdone, I inked and colored my own version of Crash and Popplio. It's a bit tall, so I'll leave it as a link to my DA.

http://fav.me/da6uiax

TeeJay    12

3470381-L37O_rB70qUQ42fy.jpgUGH I'M SO SORRY

I accidentally pressed "quote" and my phone won't let me edit out the picture or even remove it from my text box so I'm forced to post it AGH. 

Edited by TeeJay

Malco    64

I love it. If only Buizel's tail didn't go off the top of the screen. :)

Wooper seems to have a troll face...

The background, while simple, at least gives the feeling of flowing water and/or shafts of light.

What's that orange object on the upper left?

8 hours ago, Malco said:

The background, while simple, at least gives the feeling of flowing water and/or shafts of light.

Looks like a shiny Luvdisc to me, considering that is the color and there are others there.

TeeJay    12
18 hours ago, Malco said:

It's extremely difficult to keep things centered and in proportion when using Colors!3D on my 3DS, since the app doesn't give me the luxury of selecting and manipulating individual lines like, for example, SAI. It's actually a miracle Buizel ended up as centered as it is with only the tip of it's tail poking out of frame.

As for Wooper, now that you mention it, it does look kind of googley-eyed, huh. Oops.

I'm just plain terrible at backgrounds and scenery. Honestly the fact that I managed to make it look vaguely like they're actually underwater is shocking to me.

As for the little yellow-ish thing peeking out from the top left, DeerlieDeerling is correct and that is indeed a shiny Luvdisc I decided to sneak in just for fun. :P

Malco    64

Ah, well the mystery of the golden (alleged) Pokemon limb in the corner solved then. It makes people ask what it is.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my backgrounds too. We never know what we're capable of until we try. <3

Finally, as for the tail, you could just re-draw the tails so that they (while defying the laws of physics) remain in-frame. xD

TeeJay    12

I would rather the tails stick out of the frame just a touch than have them awkwardly defy physics!

I just realized I'm actually accessing this site on a computer instead of on a phone so I can post the pictures I WANTED to post before (which led to accidentally quoting myself before)

3473073-Ki0brqsZILnaJqsa.jpg

3473137-WSOXymEItrDWqsIz.jpg

3473206-Q7KoTWmUs0WFep1r.jpg

No scenery this time. Backgrounds are a rarity coming from me. I drew these to celebrate that shiny Shinx I got in Platinum!

....The black bits are way too dark. On my 3DS though they look fine. *sigh* Colors!3D has this problem where colors look great on my 3DS, and then when I upload them and grab them on my phone or computer, the colors have been altered and the picture looks wrong.

Folia%20Sawsbuck%20Pose%20S_00001.png

Here is my OC's Evolution, Folia Sawsdoe, she works like the Super mystery Dungeon Series with evolution, it's only temporary in times of crisis.

Also, regarding the Shinx Evo line, i like how you did the shine effect, like a heavy colorful glow, the colors look good, but the big reason they might change is because you are using most likely a jpeg version, which loses quality each time it is saved, if it is coming from your 3ds. To avoid this, you might need to make more drastic color changes or consider getting some editing software, like gimp, and adjust the colors and convert to PNG format. PNG is loseless and allows transparency, like my stuff, and it will never lose quality as long as you don't change it's true size. Just keep that all in mind when making your works.

Also, there is nothing wrong with cut off limbs in a pic, especially for closeups, but if you are presenting a main focus in a background pic, it is still wisest to include the full look inside the pic, also, if you ever do a pic with transparency, never cut off the edges, it will look like the picture is cut off in the wrong way, so work smaller if you can to avoid this, or expand your canvas, if possible.

Just helpful tips from a Deerling~

Malco    64

As a guy who uses the fill tool a lot, I can see all the holes it leaves behind. :)

Other than that, that's not half-bad!

Malco    64
3 hours ago, SesquipedalianPokedex said:

I'm new to digital art so I have a lot to learn...

Learning is cool. :)

That's the frustration of fill/paint bucket tool I have--we usually hafta go back and patch those holes. :(

Does the app you're using have layers? That makes it easier as we just paint in the layer behind it to avoid touching the well-painted one.