TeeJay

Shiny Pokemon Stories!

Lord Reiji    9
22 minutes ago, Smitje said:

The new pentagram you mean I assume? Because the PGL shut down has been announced.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/oras/close_announcement/en/ 

Not to much changes with it, you just no longer will be able to send PokéMiles or to see your Logs and Rating Battles will be gone.

Yes, I meant the new pentagon. The pentagon was a mean to tell that a pokemon came from Gen VI where they supposedly implemented new anti hacking features. It was just a mean to get the hacked pokemon out of the competitive.

Malco    64

It's not confirmed but likely, so I will still shiny hunt only when I get the shiny charm in Gen 7.

Since I have a living dex already it is only a matter of getting the new Pokemon.

Smitje    64
On 7-8-2016 at 0:51 AM, Lord Reiji said:

Yes, I meant the new pentagon. The pentagon was a mean to tell that a pokemon came from Gen VI where they supposedly implemented new anti hacking features. It was just a mean to get the hacked pokemon out of the competitive.

I still get hacked Pokemon to breed and they have the pentagon. All they don't have any illegal moves or abilities, only rare Pokéballs. So maybe they stopped being able to have Pokémon with illegal attacks and abilities? 

On 7-8-2016 at 3:22 PM, Malco said:

It's not confirmed but likely, so I will still shiny hunt only when I get the shiny charm in Gen 7.

Since I have a living dex already it is only a matter of getting the new Pokemon.

Well we can always hope, I would like it more if I could keep using the same Pokémon, I don't want to create a new Porygon2 :(. All for all we know they will also introduce Egg Abilities, and lots of Pokémon will have different competitive options. 

I know this topic is kind of dead but I'm a new member and felt like sharing my shiny story. I've gotten event shiny Pokemon and some from Wonder Trade or the GTS but the only one that I have that I actually caught and really care about is a shiny Zubat from SoulSilver.

Before that Zubat I had never even seen or owned a shiny in any of my games. I just had terrible luck. Then on my way to Japan I was playing my SS game on the plane. I'm just grinding in cave and suddenly a green Zubat appears. I practically lost my mind and even more so when I caught it. I started dancing in my seat. After a minute I noticed I had some very confused Japanese business people staring at me, probably thinking crazy American girl what's wrong with her. Lol I was just so happy though.

Malco    64

While I profess to have the same terrible luck as you, my first shiny didn't really generate me the same hype. IIRC it's a Shiny Cacturne in XY Friend Safari, and I've been playing the games since Sapphire, so being without a shiny for so long (and being more of a competitor), I instead became indifferent to shinies.

I think XY is when my luck has finally turned around as I ran into more incidental shinies after the other, helped a lot by horde training and friend safari.

Aonixia    15

For the longest time I had horrible luck with shinies. I didn't encounter my first shiny until Pokemon Black (not including the shiny Gyarados in Gen 2) and it was a shiny Watchog. Unfortunately my pokemon were at least 20 levels above it and I ended up accidentally killing it ¬¬.

I didn't end up encountering another shiny all the way up until Alpha Sapphire. When I started the game and had just gotten some pokeballs I ended up randomly encountering a shiny Zigzagoon and I caught it. Since then I have actually gotten a lot more lucky with shinies and have been able to catch a shiny Ralts, Vulpix, and Growlithe.

Monkeyfuzz    4

I recently caught a Shiny Imposter Ditto after 796 encounters between the hell of Mirage Cave and the much much easier Mirage Island. But my favourite recent thing was hatching twin Shiny Amaura, mostly because I didn't expect it. I always save before I hatch each batch of 5 eggs so I can soft reset to hatch them at a specific location if I get a Shiny, so I decided to film this occasion on my phone here.

scr_2_BOTTOM.pngscr_4_BOTTOM.png

After four entire boxes of breeding, running around in circle, follow the Masuda Method (thank you GTS random trainer from Japan for your emboar) i finaly get my very FIRST shiny Pokèmon in Su/Mo. I always have the time to do this in Or/As but, during the process, i hatch a 6IV Tepig and i was feel bad not used so i stop breeding for a Shiny Tepig. But know i was determined to get this shiny and finaly is here. Also egg move power...even if i only care about Heavy Slam (Pesobomba in italian). So random japanese trainer thank you. Now i only have to breed for a Popplio...since is the only water type i like in Alola. Or somebody have suggestion of what i can shiny hunt next?

• Like 1

Wes    115

My first and only Gen 7 shiny is a Bruxish. I was EV training when that sparkly fish appeared after a chain of only 37, and I was so excited! I loved Bruxish already, but it's shiny form is beautiful! AND it has 4 perfect IVs. :D 

Now I only hope to find a shiny Wishiwashi someday.

4 hours ago, Wes said:

My first and only Gen 7 shiny is a Bruxish. I was EV training when that sparkly fish appeared after a chain of only 37, and I was so excited! I loved Bruxish already, but it's shiny form is beautiful! AND it has 4 perfect IVs. :D 

Now I only hope to find a shiny Wishiwashi someday.

If I had a shiny Bruxish I'd name it "McDonalds"

My Gen VII shiny story is very similar :) Ran into a shiny Wingull while EV training. It ended up having great ability, nature, and decent IVs, so now I'm readying it for some competitive use! I love that Pelipper can have Drizzle now.

Charlii    0

Sooo this just happened: I was masuda methoding for a shiny charmander in X and I accidentally ran into grass. And a shiny Flabébé appeared. I know I had the shiny charm but still. I've actually seen this happen to another person. 

Okay, this literally just happened.I was playing Pokemon Gold, doing the Rocket Hideout.I stepped on one of the trap tiles and encountered a shiny Koffing!Level 21, female, named S-Monoxide(S standing for shiny.So its full name is Shiny-Monoxide)

This was literally a random shiny but I am so overjoyed:DNow I have two legit shinies in Gold, Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Koffing.