TeeJay

Shiny Pokemon Stories!

Malco    64

Well since you just mentioned Prism Tower, just go beat up some fools in Le Wow restaurant for money.

Speaking of shinies I just ran into a random shiny wingull in a horde today. Now, normally I'd dismiss it as another meh random horde shiny, but I'm currently trying to catch my own Sap Sipper Miltank, which is super ultra rare. I just caught one of those Miltank in a dusk ball yesterday too, and I need another in a heal ball.

So now I can say to some people, "Ya think horde shiny hunting is bad, try finding a Sap Sipper Miltank." xD

TeeJay    12

Congrats on the shiny wingull! I think every shiny is valuable no matter what it is.

Heck, I found a shiny Spinda in a horde and I was happy, even though its shiny is puke green and honestly I think the original colors look better.

Nomyt    50

As long as it's not hacked in, a shiny is a shiny. Horde, breed, chaining, and random encounter. It's all good.

Nomyt    50

I got given a shiny Diancie in wondertrade. With the name "Mama Rocks", and Trainer name "Hydros"....oh, and a free Masterball. So I'm guessing it's Hacked with a name and trainer like that.

Lord Reiji    9
7 hours ago, Nomyt said:

I got given a shiny Diancie in wondertrade. With the name "Mama Rocks", and Trainer name "Hydros"....oh, and a free Masterball. So I'm guessing it's Hacked with a name and trainer like that.

Hacked. For real. :P

Nomyt    50
1 hour ago, Lord Reiji said:

Hacked. For real. :P

Well, it's long been released into the wilds of Kalos. xD

Malco    64
3 hours ago, Nomyt said:

Well, it's long been released into the wilds of Kalos. xD

...with the Masterball? xD

I just got given a shiny Volcaronanion on the GTS. It's got its default Japanese name, in a Cherish Ball, no ribbon (as expected), and is Timid with 6IV.

Looks like I'm keeping it until I get a real one.

Nomyt    50
39 minutes ago, Malco said:

...with the Masterball? xD

That has made it into my bag. ;) Many items do, I've had a few potions, and berrys. So many people are very kind.

My cousin got a regular Volcanion, and Shiny Darkrai from WT.

TeeJay    12

I just caught a shiny Shinx after a chain of just 10! Granted, I this was after spending all day unsuccessfully trying to chain it but still, when it finally happened, it happened after a chain of only 10! 

I named him Luster.

• Like 1

TeeJay    12
54 minutes ago, DeerliaDeerling said:

I just got one today, a shiny hatched Honedge, within 10 eggs~

I named her "Rufa Macula" which in Latin, means "Red Stain"

Cheers to my first hatched shiny~

Congrats! They have amazing shinies.

Nomyt    50

Another WT'd shiny pokemon. I think this one is more legit. Timid Level 10 Makuhita Thick fat met at a faraway place, Feint attack, sand attack, arm thrust, and fake out. Not checked IVs yet, but nothing screams hack at me.

Malco    64

So I don't have any new shinies right now, but I used the Pokemon favorites picker (http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html) to check out which shinies I like best, so I ended up with this as my list of most impressive looking shinies, and I know what my targets would be if I'm to shiny hunt.

You might wonder where Azumarill is, but even I have to admit that its shiny is totally not my style.

But man, that Krookodile. That's the most impressive shiny I've ever seen.

favorite-shinies.jpg

Malco    64

Other Pokemon worth mentioning that I failed to include on the list: Honedge, Doublade, Gogoat, Fennekin, Braixen, Chespin, Quilladin

Edited by Malco

Zexion55    0

I've gotten tons of shinies from WT but I never count them since it doesn't feel as special if you didn't get it yourself so at 3:00 AM I couldn't sleep and I thought shiny Arouras looked cool so I started breeding. Finally got it after 36 eggs. Almost passed out from being tired after I got it. Worth it.

Lord Reiji    9

This weekend I went on the lookout for both of Basculin shiny forms. Got Red Stripe Basculin on Saturday and then Blue Stripe Basculin on Sunday. They are pretty easy to catch on XY.

Now I have all four versions of Basculin in my box in pokebank where I keep different pokemon formes. Probably should catch a new one for my shiny living dex. While looking for Basculin I found two Poliwhirls, one of them is now a Poliwrath. Both on my shiny living dex pokebank boxes.

Oh god, here it comes.

Pokemon pearl

Shiny Voltorb (or electrode, I forgot over 7 years)

Then a wild Michael Bay appeared

It exploded

the end.

But after that, and the next generation, I got tons of shinies! I found a wild Amoongus in the wild, and named it Shineshroom. And I bred A shiny honedge and a shiny torchic. I also caught a shiny Articuno and named it FrostChicken. I fished up a shiny Goldeen. I horde chained myself a shiny Stunky named TheRedStink, a shiny Murkrow named Nightwing, and a shiny Gligar named Piercer. And then I got Pokemon Pearl again after losing my old one. I found a shiny Misdreavus during a normal playthrough! I threw all three of the pokeballs I had, and with the third one, I caught it, and named it GhostShine. In ORAS, I really didn't do much shiny related. I did catch a Shiny Excadrill named Shinedrill, a Shiny Masquerain named Velvetier, and bred a shiny Rattata named toofhy (Please don't question it.)

That ends my story ;P

• Like 1

pikachuguy    0

Well, my first shiny wasn't technically mine. My sister was playing Pearl (I had given it to her since I already had Diamond and didn't really need another game), and while traveling with Cheryl she encountered a shiny Wurmple alongside a Cascoon. I took the DS from her so I could get Cheryl's Chansey out of the way and catch her that Wurmple. Eventually, it evolved into a cool yellow-winged Dustox! My own first shiny wasn't until I got HeartGold. I was on Route 46 for some reason (I had beaten the game) and, to my surprise, the Pidgey that appeared was green! It's still on my HeartGold as a golden Pidgeot.

I didn't catch another shiny until a Weepinbell in X, and from then on my luck has been insane. I caught another Weepinbell, from a horde this time, and not only was it shiny but it had Gluttony too! I've found two shiny Trevenant from hordes, and on OR, I found not one, but three shiny Oddish in the span of a week! EV training really pays off in more ways than one!

Malco    64

Looks you all have decent luck in shinies. The best shinies are the unexpected ones. Especially those that aren't from EV training.

If I have time after Sun and Moon release I would like to shiny hunt a Krookodile.

Of course it has to be in the new game, they'd definitely have a new "pentagon" symbol for Gen 7-bred and caught mons.

Wes    115

My first shiny was a West Sea Shellos in either Diamond or Platinum. I didn't know why it was a different shade of pink, but I knew I had to catch it immediately. I don't remember doing it, but I must've reset the game it was on without transferring it forward because I have no idea where it ended up. Other than that, my only other random encounters were Spoink (B2) and Mr. Mime (Y). I've captured quite a few in the Friend Safari and through Chain Fishing and even accumulated a hefty number through trades (which I'm now trying to get rid of).

Smitje    64
On 5-8-2016 at 11:06 AM, Malco said:

Looks you all have decent luck in shinies. The best shinies are the unexpected ones. Especially those that aren't from EV training.

If I have time after Sun and Moon release I would like to shiny hunt a Krookodile.

Of course it has to be in the new game, they'd definitely have a new "pentagon" symbol for Gen 7-bred and caught mons.

There will be? I thought they only had this no old Pokémon allowed because XY/ORAS were the first games with online battling. But apparently Global Link will also shut down end October to be relaunched for gen VII, Why don't they just add onto it. I mean my Pokémiles for X and OR are also separated. 

Lord Reiji    9
4 hours ago, Smitje said:

There will be? I thought they only had this no old Pokémon allowed because XY/ORAS were the first games with online battling. But apparently Global Link will also shut down end October to be relaunched for gen VII, Why don't they just add onto it. I mean my Pokémiles for X and OR are also separated. 

That has yet to be confirmed.