Smitje

Ribbons? Yay or Nay?

Do you collect ribbons?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect ribbons?

• Yes
    • No

Smitje    64

So today I got the idea to give my Pokémon some ribbons. The Effort Ribbon and Footprint Ribbon were easily obtained. When I was looking them up I discovered also the Best Friends Ribbon and the Training Ribbon, which is a nightmare, then you also have a ribbon for beating the Pokémon League, for winning a set in the Battle Mansion and just a bunch others you can just pick up. 

Do you enjoy having your Pokémon earn and gain ribbons?

Ribbon Information 

Lord Reiji    8

What do you think? See Striker's ribbons.

I love ribbons. Mainly because they tell the real story of your pokemon journey.  For example, if you check the link I shared, you can see that my Scizor has the Hoenn Champion Ribbon and the Kalos Champion Ribbon, that's the only way there is to prove that my Scizor has fought agaisn't both Steven and Diantha. It also has the Sinnoh champion ribbon, the legendary ribbon (from defeating Red on top of Mt. Silver) as well a others that were Gen IV only (but where made available in ORAS). 

That Scizor has a story to tell and the ribbons are the proof of that story. One of the main reasons I'm waiting for new pokemon games is to be able to transfer my Scizor and have a new adventure with him.

Smitje    64
53 minutes ago, Lord Reiji said:

What do you think? See Striker's ribbons.

I love ribbons. Mainly because they tell the real story of your pokemon journey.  For example, if you check the link I shared, you can see that my Scizor has the Hoenn Champion Ribbon and the Kalos Champion Ribbon, that's the only way there is to prove that my Scizor has fought agaisn't both Steven and Diantha. It also has the Sinnoh champion ribbon, the legendary ribbon (from defeating Red on top of Mt. Silver) as well a others that were Gen IV only (but where made available in ORAS). 

That Scizor has a story to tell and the ribbons are the proof of that story. One of the main reasons I'm waiting for new pokemon games is to be able to transfer my Scizor and have a new adventure with him.

That is awesome! I am now trying to do the same thing with my Porygon2, but the Super Training Ribbon might be to difficult to get... 

So I looked further on your Instagram and you had shared your ribbon list before, it only grew since then. Do they become multiple pages or do they remove the oldest ones to make room for the new ribbons?

Lord Reiji    8
On 4/12/2016 at 6:37 PM, Smitje said:

That is awesome! I am now trying to do the same thing with my Porygon2, but the Super Training Ribbon might be to difficult to get... 

So I looked further on your Instagram and you had shared your ribbon list before, it only grew since then. Do they become multiple pages or do they remove the oldest ones to make room for the new ribbons?

They just add a scroll bar to watch the other ones. They never remove the ribbons (except in GEN VI where they grouped the past contest ribbons into a memory one and the past battle tower ribbons into another memory one).

• Like 1

Malco    64

My dear Azumarill "Torrentia" is currently the proud owner of all the ribbons legally obtainable in normal gameplay in XYORAS.

Other than that, I haven't really bothered trying to glam up my other Pokemon.

Except the Battler Ribbons. I try to have my competitive Pokemon do the Chatelaine battles so they can gain them.

Edited by Malco

Malco    64

What Pokemon are you using and what's their ball color?

In general, maxing Attack + Speed EVs is the best combo for most of the Pokemon. Some Pokemon who are good at charging might do half def/spdef and half attack/spa.

And Tentacruel is the least of your worries. It's the Hydreigon line. xD

Edited by Malco
  • Like 1

Smitje    64
On 16-4-2016 at 2:34 AM, Malco said:

What Pokemon are you using and what's their ball color?

In general, maxing Attack + Speed EVs is the best combo for most of the Pokemon. Some Pokemon who are good at charging might do half def/spdef and half attack/spa.

And Tentacruel is the least of your worries. It's the Hydreigon line. xD

Porygon2, I have some reset bags but not yet sure if I want to go trough all that trouble. 

Malco    64

What's the ball color? (I'd better check with my own porygons then.)

If you are all HP and defense, you might have a problem though.

I refused to change my Azumarill's "suboptimal for super training" EV's (HP is useless, but my attack is max) but I was able to do it eventually. With a slow ball (when you don't have speed EV), you might need to make shots in the dark or guess, especially for Pokemon that switch or move their target point/s quickly.

EV training is pretty fast with hordes, I would just do it. Your reset bags aren't doing much of anything anyway, but if you'd rather save them, just make Perilous Juice in the berry mixer of X/Y.

Smitje    64
8 hours ago, Malco said:

What's the ball color? (I'd better check with my own porygons then.)

If you are all HP and defense, you might have a problem though.

I refused to change my Azumarill's "suboptimal for super training" EV's (HP is useless, but my attack is max) but I was able to do it eventually. With a slow ball (when you don't have speed EV), you might need to make shots in the dark or guess, especially for Pokemon that switch or move their target point/s quickly.

EV training is pretty fast with hordes, I would just do it. Your reset bags aren't doing much of anything anyway, but if you'd rather save them, just make Perilous Juice in the berry mixer of X/Y.

Oops they're yellow balls. Fast multiple shots but not much damage. And you are right I keep these reset bags for just in case, while that might never come..

Malco    64
17 hours ago, Smitje said:

Oops they're yellow balls. Fast multiple shots but not much damage. And you are right I keep these reset bags for just in case, while that might never come..

For yellow balls, you should just shoot the white targets without charging to unlock the red weak point, then you charge and hit it with everything you've got.

I would just give your Ribbonmon max sp. attack and half speed and half def/spdef while doing the super training. Speed isn't as important when you have that ball set.

I have 4 reset bags, but I've never usually used them except to check what EV's are on a Pokemon (and I reset the game afterwards).

You might need an increased damage bag to do Hydreigon (in the future).

• Like 1

Lord Reiji    8

Recently my GF asked me about why I like Pokemon so much and I started telling her the story.

She then saw all my pokemon games and asked what's the difference between them. I told her.

Then she asked me "so, each time a new game comes out, you have to start over?" and I said "kinda". The trainer is new, the region is new, the badges are new, but I can transfer my old Pokemon if I want to.

Then I told her about my Scizor and the amount of years he's been traveling with me, and she asked "but do you copy it, or do you transfer it?", of course I said "I transfer it, once he's in a new game, there's no way of getting him back to the old ones".

Finally, when I showed her the Scizor, she asked me about ribbons, I told her what they were and how I got them, and she was amazed. For someone who never played Pokemon before, she found really interesting the ability to collect those memories in the form of ribbons in all games. She said no other game allowed that, and I agreed.

So yeah, I still love ribbons.

Lord Reiji    8

Hello everyone,

Haven't been here in quite some time, but I wanted to share this...

After a really long time, and almost a year since Sun/Moon came out, I was able to beat the Battle Maison and obtain the Expert Battler Ribbon on my Scizor.

I then transfered it to Alola and got the four new ribbons they had in there.

Here's the picture: 

We are officially ready for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon !

• Nice 1