Luigi0301

Luigi Wants to Know-Hoenn

Luigi0301    6

Ok time for Hoenn!!! I'm one of the many who can say Hoenn was where it all started for me. I had ruby but sadly it stopped working. and then i got emerald and still have it to this day. ive played it maybe 10 times xD. Last year we got Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire and it makes me think, did ORAS do RBE justice??? It lacked in match calling gym leaders and a battle frontier but it brought new stuff like more megas, the ability to have both the mach and acro bikes in your bag at the same time, and also giving the elite four a new twist with a mega each. So i wanna hear from you, was ORAS a hit or a miss? Was it 10/10 or 7.8/10 too much water?? :D

-favorite hoenn starter

-favorite hoenn pokemon

-favorite gym leader

-favorite elite four member

-least favorite pokemon

-favorite gym badge

-7.8/10 too much water? land? air? 

Cant wait to hear the responses for Hoenn!! :)

-Luigi

p.s. im happy to see people replying to my topics, always good to share region and game experiences!! Also, i wish i could soar the sky on a Lati@s xD

• Like 1

Nomyt    50
14 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

-favorite hoenn starter

-favorite hoenn pokemon

-favorite gym leader

-least favorite pokemon

-favorite gym badge

Torchic, although with introduction of Grass/Dragon Mega, it makes it a difficult choice, and the answer changes often.

There's quite a few favourites, every time I think of one, another pops into my head. Including ones that I've never had chance to use. I'm gonna have to go with Sableye today.

Flannery :3

Phoebe :3

Wurmple, and evos. (never figure out how to evolve them.

Pass.

Too much water, dive is horrid idea. But weirdly, liked the idea of having smaller islands.

Wes    115

-favorite hoenn starter: Mudkip

-favorite hoenn pokemon: Gardevoir, Sharpedo, Banette

-favorite gym leader: Liza&Tate

-favorite elite four member: Phoebe <3

-least favorite pokemon: Nosepass, Keckleon

-favorite gym badge: Stone

• Like 1

Smitje    64

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

• Favourite Hoenn starter: Mudkip
  • Favourite Hoenn Pokémon: Grumpig, I guess.
  • Favourite gym leader: Norman. He is a gym leader right?
  • Favourite Elite Four member: I have no idea. 
  • Least favourite Pokémon: Ralts, Zigzagoon and Whismur. So many of them on Wonder Trade...
  • Favourite gym badge: Stone

I have nothing with Hoenn. Might be some bad memories about how I was treated by 'friends' who had the game, or the fact that I never owned a Hoenn region game untill OR. Which I still need to finish.. 

Luigi0301    6
1 hour ago, Nomyt said:

Torchic, although with introduction of Grass/Dragon Mega, it makes it a difficult choice, and the answer changes often.

There's quite a few favourites, every time I think of one, another pops into my head. Including ones that I've never had chance to use. I'm gonna have to go with Sableye today.

Flannery :3

Phoebe :3

Wurmple, and evos. (never figure out how to evolve them.

Pass.

Too much water, dive is horrid idea. But weirdly, liked the idea of having smaller islands.

lol but think about grass/dragon. another typing that is hit 4x by ice. sal, ray, flygon, altaria, tropius, too many lol. and i liked how underwater with dive looked tbh. and getting a relicanth for the regis have always been a pain lol

Luigi0301    6
52 minutes ago, Smitje said:

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

• Favourite Hoenn starter: Mudkip
  • Favourite Hoenn Pokémon: Grumpig, I guess.
  • Favourite gym leader: Norman. He is a gym leader right?
  • Favourite Elite Four member: I have no idea. 
  • Least favourite Pokémon: Ralts, Zigzagoon and Whismur. So many of them on Wonder Trade...
  • Favourite gym badge: Stone

I have nothing with Hoenn. Might be some bad memories about how I was treated by 'friends' who had the game, or the fact that I never owned a Hoenn region game untill OR. Which I still need to finish.. 

i liked Norman too. his gym was pretty cool, battling pokemon with different strategies was cool. and lol i know the wonder trade feeling. and nice grumpig is pretty good. and lol you dont like Steven??? xD 

Luigi0301    6
1 hour ago, Wes said:

-favorite hoenn starter: Mudkip

-favorite hoenn pokemon: Gardevoir, Sharpedo, Banette

-favorite gym leader: Liza&Tate

-favorite elite four member: Phoebe <3

-least favorite pokemon: Nosepass, Keckleon

-favorite gym badge: Stone

ok i have to say that it took me the longest time to realize that shuppet evolved to banette xD. and Liza and Tate were a fun and unique gym. just gonna say Cilan Chili and Cress from BW missed out the opportunity to do a triple or rotation battle :/. Phoebe always reminded me of Lilo from Lilo and Stitch lol. i loved her design!

Wes    115
1 hour ago, Luigi0301 said:

ok i have to say that it took me the longest time to realize that shuppet evolved to banette xD. and Liza and Tate were a fun and unique gym. just gonna say Cilan Chili and Cress from BW missed out the opportunity to do a triple or rotation battle :/. Phoebe always reminded me of Lilo from Lilo and Stitch lol. i loved her design!

I'll admit when I first learned about Cilan, Chili, and Cress I was surprised they weren't triple battlers. And maybe Phoebe's design is why I love her. Lilo and Stitch was my favorite movie growing up. ^_^

Malco    64

As Sapphire is my first ever Pokemon game, this is a good place to start memory lane. I might post in the other gens I haven't played, but only because I have favorite starters and Pokemon there too.

• Favorite hoenn starter: Mudkip ~ Swampert
  • Favorite hoenn pokemon: Swampert... other than that, it's Latias
  • Favorite gym leader: Wattson
  • Favorite elite four member: Phoebe
  • Least favorite pokemon: Deoxys

Luigi0301    6
22 hours ago, Wes said:

I'll admit when I first learned about Cilan, Chili, and Cress I was surprised they weren't triple battlers. And maybe Phoebe's design is why I love her. Lilo and Stitch was my favorite movie growing up. ^_^

ikr!! but anime ruined cilan for me so its all good anyway :P. and Lilo and Stitch tho

16 hours ago, Malco said:

As Sapphire is my first ever Pokemon game, this is a good place to start memory lane. I might post in the other gens I haven't played, but only because I have favorite starters and Pokemon there too.

• Favorite hoenn starter: Mudkip ~ Swampert
  • Favorite hoenn pokemon: Swampert... other than that, it's Latias
  • Favorite gym leader: Wattson
  • Favorite elite four member: Phoebe
  • Least favorite pokemon: Deoxys

why dont you like Deoxys? and if you want anchor arms, i think its a good thing you like swampert lmao. 

1 hour ago, Skiddo The Survivor Fan said:
  1. Hard choice between Treecko and Mudkip.... Mudkip, as he was my first starter in Hoenn
  2. Lunatone/Slaking/Sceptile/Milotic/Torkoal/Kecleon/Zangoose/Relicanth/Medicham/Flygon/Shelgon
  3. Winona
  4. Phoebe/Drake
  5. Groudon/Shuppet
  6. I like gym badges 5-8

aww no Torchic?? the little chick is adorable. and wow lots of hoenn favorites which im not surprised about. Winona was great! i loved her gym so much. wow looks like we have a lot of Phoebe fans lol cant argue with that. 

mebm0429    1
On 3/21/2016 at 4:15 AM, Luigi0301 said:

Ok time for Hoenn!!! I'm one of the many who can say Hoenn was where it all started for me. I had ruby but sadly it stopped working. and then i got emerald and still have it to this day. ive played it maybe 10 times xD. Last year we got Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire and it makes me think, did ORAS do RBE justice??? It lacked in match calling gym leaders and a battle frontier but it brought new stuff like more megas, the ability to have both the mach and acro bikes in your bag at the same time, and also giving the elite four a new twist with a mega each. So i wanna hear from you, was ORAS a hit or a miss? Was it 10/10 or 7.8/10 too much water?? :D

-favorite hoenn starter

-favorite hoenn pokemon

-favorite gym leader

-least favorite pokemon

-favorite gym badge

Cant wait to hear the responses for Hoenn!! :)

-Luigi

p.s. im happy to see people replying to my topics, always good to share region and game experiences!! Also, i wish i could soar the sky on a Lati@s xD

I loved ORAS and the many new revitalizations it brought to not only RSE, but ti the pokemon games in general. I liked more than anything the soaring feature and that u could get many of the generally non-lical legendaries like from other regions with this feature. 

Favorite hoenn starter- treeko

Fave hoenn pokemon- gardevoir

Fave gym leader- the flying type girl

Fave elite 4- drake

Least fave pokemon- nincada

Probably had too much water but that really goes back to when the originals were being created and what the developers decided on. 

Malco    64
3 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

Why dont you like Deoxys?

Well I just have a general disdain for event-only Pokemon not named Keldeo (you may have seen the other gens surveys) and I just find things I hate in their designs more easily.

To be fair, Deoxys-D has Anchor Arms too. xD

Luigi0301    6
6 hours ago, mebm0429 said:

I loved ORAS and the many new revitalizations it brought to not only RSE, but ti the pokemon games in general. I liked more than anything the soaring feature and that u could get many of the generally non-lical legendaries like from other regions with this feature. 

Favorite hoenn starter- treeko

Fave hoenn pokemon- gardevoir

Fave gym leader- the flying type girl

Fave elite 4- drake

Least fave pokemon- nincada

Probably had too much water but that really goes back to when the originals were being created and what the developers decided on. 

i agree the soaring was fun. and yeah Winona was a good gym leader lol, always loved her gym. and aww why dont you like Nincada? xD watching that speed increase when it evolves is hilarious :P 

5 hours ago, Malco said:

Well I just have a general disdain for event-only Pokemon not named Keldeo (you may have seen the other gens surveys) and I just find things I hate in their designs more easily.

To be fair, Deoxys-D has Anchor Arms too. xD

oh ok i gotcha and lol Defense Deoxys tho. i prefer the weak noodle arms Speed deoxys or the attack one

mebm0429    1

I've just never liked nincada. I found no use for it. I mean, personally, I am an offensive battler and pokemon that rely on increased stats to win just never worked for. I want to just KO my opponent as fast as possible. Pokemon like nincada just never worked for me. Spinda, too. Spinda is so useless. That's why I like Gardevoir so much. Its has some really strong offensive attacks like moonblast, psychic, and dream eater. I mean, to successfully use dream eater, it would have to learn hypnosis but that truly is the only statistical move that I would allow a turn to be surpassed.

Smitje    64
On 22-3-2016 at 1:26 AM, Luigi0301 said:

i liked Norman too. his gym was pretty cool, battling pokemon with different strategies was cool. and lol i know the wonder trade feeling. and nice grumpig is pretty good. and lol you dont like Steven??? xD 

Who is Steven? Is that the rock guy you encounter in SSHG?

Luigi0301    6
19 hours ago, Smitje said:

Who is Steven? Is that the rock guy you encounter in SSHG?

lol Steven Stone is the champion of ruby and sapphire and oras. not emerald tho. He's a fan favorite and he's always been one of my favorite characters lol

Smitje    64
5 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

lol Steven Stone is the champion of ruby and sapphire and oras. not emerald tho. He's a fan favorite and he's always been one of my favorite characters lol

Oh ok. Like I said still haven't finished ORAS. Still around the shopping center city. 

Luigi0301    6
6 hours ago, Smitje said:

Oh ok. Like I said still haven't finished ORAS. Still around the shopping center city. 

Mauville changed sooooo mcuh in ORAS but i have to say the best looking city has to be Fortree. i remember when i saw a trailer for the games at the time of speculation and whatever and knew right away it was fortree that was shown for like a second

Smitje    64
23 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

Mauville changed sooooo mcuh in ORAS but i have to say the best looking city has to be Fortree. i remember when i saw a trailer for the games at the time of speculation and whatever and knew right away it was fortree that was shown for like a second

I guess I will see Fortree when I see it? Something with trees I assume?