Sign in to follow this  
Luigi0301

Luigi Wants to Know- Johto

Luigi0301    6

Johto Johto Johto. a lot to love about Johto. So as i have stated in the kanto topic i am trying out some topics to you know keep the forums moving and allowing voices to be heard. i think when every site needs is activity :) so lets continue. Johto, gen 2, the generation that connected johto and kanto to make gold and silver and crystal and soon us youngins got to experience Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Very notable, as everyone may know Satoru Iwata is highly responsible for gold and silver being able to have both Kanto and Johto. Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata. Continuing, i would like to hear the following which is similar to what you'll see on the kanto topic:

-favorite johto starter

-favorite johto pokemon

-favorite gym leader

-favorite elite four member

-least favorite pokemon

-favorite gym badge

I look forward to hearing the responses

-Luigi :)

p.s. can we just take a second to realize that Togepi is in Johto. Whats not to love about the little pokemon. So strong, it could take on a dragon :D

Smitje    64

(ʘ‿ʘ)

• Favourite Johto starter

- Cyndaquil. Just the most cutest thing you will ever see and practical. I didn't always like what they did with the sprites, hiding the flames, but I always picked Cyndaquil or Totodile. I never picked Chikorita, I think this comes because I picked it on my ever first go in Pokémon Silver. I got stuck after Whitney and I, non English kid, couldn't figure out what to do so I restarted and picked Cyndaquil.

• Favourite Johto pokemon

Oh man, Miltank? I think was the first one to come up. All soon after, Heracross, Politeod, Kingdra, Porygon2, Donphan, Magcargo and Dunsparce and Quagsire.. I should stop now. I just don't know. I did one of those 'find your favourite Pokémon' tests but I didn't feel comfortable with it. 

I really like using Miltank, I just remade my Maitilde because I recently started doing IV's as well. Pokémon became just to easy to breed and EV train. Lots of people have salty memories with Miltank I also have those but I like it as a Pokémon and still kinda hoping for a pre-evolution that can evolve into Tauros or Miltank given the sex. 

• Favourite gym leader

Whitney.. I can just remember the challenge I had with her I saw there for the first time real strategy in battling. Having Attract and Milk Drink. Oh boy. I also I have the most memories about that area in the game. The Bug contest and the first time being able to breed pokemon. Johto is the only region other than, and maybe even more than, Kanto where I really know where things are. 

• Favourite elite four member

Koga? I liked the storyline of his daughter taking over the gym and him moving up. Also I've had a pretty strong Ariados and Crobat back then. 

• Least favourite Pokémon

Qwilfish?? What is about it? It is similar to Remoraid but doesn't evolve. I just don't see why nothing has been done with it. 

• Favourite gym badge

Hive Badge and the Plain Badge. The Hive badge was so clear. Most Johto badges were clear to show to what gym they belonged. I would really like to have them in real life I know you can buy them on Etsy but it is mostly the shipping that holds me back.

Any news on when the remakes of Soul Silver and Hearth Gold come out?

EDIT: With the find of my Pokéwalker I might restart or continue Hearth Gold. I shouldn't let the graphics and lack of online features stop my love for Johto. 

Edited by Smitje

Luigi0301    6

Lol i hated battling Whitney she was always the most difficult! In colosseum i always always chose bayleaf lol and i made a miltank too!! I prefer my tauros tho because i chose a bad set i think for miltank but i love her. For me its always pick the fire starter but in diamond i chose piplup cuz it was cuter but in the end...water steel...didnt like it when infernapes can ko it lol

Luigi0301    6
33 minutes ago, Skiddo The Survivor Fan said:
  1. Chikorita
  2. Furret/Togetic/Meganium/Dunsparce/Qwilfish/Wooper/Stantler/Girafarig
  3. Clair/Jasmine
  4. Will/Karen
  5. I guess Houndour?
  6. Rising Badge

gotta give you the props for saying togetic :D 

Wes    115

Favorite Johto Starter: Cyndaquil

Favorite Johto Pokemon: Wooper, Espeon, Crobat

Favorite Gym Leader: Morty

Favorite Elite Four Member: Will

Least Favorite Pokemon: Snubbull

Favorite Gym Badge: Fog

Smitje    64
9 hours ago, Wes said:

You don't like Snubbull?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nomyt    50

favorite johto starter

-favorite johto pokemon

-favorite gym leader

-least favorite pokemon

-favorite gym badge

Cyndaquil.

Espeon

Jasmine :3

Karen :3 :3

Sunkern

Pass

Luigi0301    6
18 hours ago, Wes said:

very nice. i love espeon cuz psychic is great and also great in colosseum. crobat is pretty great, evolves from the pokemon with by far the best gen 1 picture xD oh and could you explain how wooper gets ice punch?????? 

7 hours ago, Nomyt said:

Cyndaquil.

Espeon

Jasmine :3

Karen :3 :3

Sunkern

Pass

very nice!! i love how Jasmine was one of the changes in gen 2 taking over her father's spot in the gym. i just think it ws great to see come continuity. and omg Jasmine. She is great. Helps out the Ampharos and even makes an appearance in Sinnoh!! and lol sunkern. i dont even think we have to talk about that lmao.

9 hours ago, Smitje said:

You don't like Snubbull?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

lol snubbull is cute and also one of the few to gain fairy type making it an interesting physical fairy

• Like 1

Nomyt    50
14 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

very nice!! i love how Jasmine was one of the changes in gen 2 taking over her father's spot in the gym. i just think it ws great to see come continuity. and omg Jasmine. She is great. Helps out the Ampharos and even makes an appearance in Sinnoh!! and lol sunkern. i dont even think we have to talk about that lmao.

Koga's daughter is called Janine, Jas is the Steel gym leader. ;) Very similar names tho.

Smitje    64
15 hours ago, Luigi0301 said:

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

lol snubbull is cute and also one of the few to gain fairy type making it an interesting physical fairy

Yea. I think the only reason we have 'Play Rough' is because of Snubbull and Granbull. 

Luigi0301    6
1 hour ago, Nomyt said:

Koga's daughter is called Janine, Jas is the Steel gym leader. ;) Very similar names tho.

omg lol rip i said Jasmine as Janine then said omg jasmine as the gym leader. lol i need to learn to read especially when im making it look like Jasmine is two different people lol

Luigi0301    6
53 minutes ago, Smitje said:

Yea. I think the only reason we have 'Play Rough' is because of Snubbull and Granbull. 

yeah lol but dont mess with the azumarills with it and any slurpuffs that you let set up xD 

Malco    64

I've never played any of the Johto games! But I'm here because I have favorites here.

• Favorite johto starter - Totodile
  • Favorite johto pokemon - Azumarill, which is also the best Pokemon ever
  • Least favorite pokemon - Hard to say, but I'll go with Yanma

Luigi0301    6
15 hours ago, Malco said:

I've never played any of the Johto games! But I'm here because I have favorites here.

• Favorite johto starter - Totodile
  • Favorite johto pokemon - Azumarill, which is also the best Pokemon ever
  • Least favorite pokemon - Hard to say, but I'll go with Yanma

Nice Malco! you should totally check out HG or SS because they are really good games :) 

Malco    64

I tried some of the old gens in emulator, but I somehow can't enjoy any of them anymore, I guess I was spoiled by the awesome interface of Gen 6. xD

Smitje    64
8 hours ago, Malco said:

I tried some of the old gens in emulator, but I somehow can't enjoy any of them anymore, I guess I was spoiled by the awesome interface of Gen 6. xD

I also have that. I think the only reason I do play Yellow is because it feels way faster in battles and talks than I remember.

Lord Reiji    9

Johto is my favorite region.

-favorite johto starter

Cyndaquil. I love the final evolution and is one of the few regions where I pick the fire starter everytime.

-favorite johto pokemon

Scizor. My favorite Johto Pokemon and my favorite Pokemon ever!

-favorite gym leader

My favorite one is Claire and Gen 4 only made her better by making her gym so great!

Karen. I remember her words to this day.

-least favorite pokemon

A lot. But that's nothing new. I like a few, and never touch a lot of the others (Shuckle, Sudowodo, Hitmontop, etc.).

-favorite gym badge

The rising bagde of course!

• Like 1

Luigi0301    6
1 hour ago, Lord Reiji said:

Johto is my favorite region.

-favorite johto starter

Cyndaquil. I love the final evolution and is one of the few regions where I pick the fire starter everytime.

-favorite johto pokemon

Scizor. My favorite Johto Pokemon and my favorite Pokemon ever!

-favorite gym leader

My favorite one is Claire and Gen 4 only made her better by making her gym so great!

Karen. I remember her words to this day.

-least favorite pokemon

A lot. But that's nothing new. I like a few, and never touch a lot of the others (Shuckle, Sudowodo, Hitmontop, etc.).

-favorite gym badge

The rising bagde of course!

Nice!! sounds like you really love johto :D and man ive seen a lot of annoying scizors used really well competitively. and hmm could you recite Karen's words here?? :PxD 

Lord Reiji    9
On 24 de marzo de 2016 at 3:36 PM, Luigi0301 said:

Nice!! sounds like you really love johto :D and man ive seen a lot of annoying scizors used really well competitively. and hmm could you recite Karen's words here?? :PxD 

From the top of my mind (without internet):

"Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is only the perception of selfish people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Karen... She always knew the stuff.

• Like 1

Malco    64

This is one reason I like Smogon's tiers. We can use Pokemon that are not among the "top percentage" in lower tiers and they are competitive and do well. <3

And also the pre-evos in the Little Cup, too.

Scizors are so very good! Especially in rain and sandstorm teams. As a defensive Mega I tend to use Mega Venusaur over it, though--since I like Life Orb or Choice Band on Scizor.

Luigi0301    6
14 hours ago, Lord Reiji said:

From the top of my mind (without internet):

"Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is only the perception of selfish people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Karen... She always knew the stuff.

wow :o im very very impressed and i love Karen even more!! 

1 hour ago, Malco said:

This is one reason I like Smogon's tiers. We can use Pokemon that are not among the "top percentage" in lower tiers and they are competitive and do well. <3

And also the pre-evos in the Little Cup, too.

Scizors are so very good! Especially in rain and sandstorm teams. As a defensive Mega I tend to use Mega Venusaur over it, though--since I like Life Orb or Choice Band on Scizor.

totally agree!!! idk about you but i have a talonflame ev trained but i dont use it very often lol

• Like 1

Lord Reiji    9
On 3/28/2016 at 5:56 PM, Nomyt said:

That's exactly what Karen said, plus she's really pretty too. Brain's and Beauty, can't beat it. xD 

I remember a lot of texts from the second gen because I used to play it all day long when I was 13. So much that I had over 18 legitimally caught shinies in a box. They were pretty rare but I got over 500 hours of play in it. I still have the cartridges but the battery died some time ago. :'(

• Like 1

Nomyt    50
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Lord Reiji said:

I remember a lot of texts from the second gen because I used to play it all day long when I was 13. So much that I had over 18 legitimally caught shinies in a box. They were pretty rare but I got over 500 hours of play in it. I still have the cartridges but the battery died some time ago. :'(

Only ever found one shiny in Gold. Lickitung, never found another shiny til X. I remember Karen's text, because....well, Karen's a major Babe.