If you are a fan of the Bug-type Pokemon then this forum is made for you. Here we can discuss anything bug related. Starting from catching them in there shiny forms to using them in the competitive scene. Feel free to speak your mind and express the love bug inside you!

• Like 1

pokejungle    25

YES! I love you for making this thread.

Honestly, I wish they were more of a force in the competitive seen. The ones I love the most are often Bug/Grass or Grass/Bug and the double 4x weakness makes them a hard sell to use in battles. Talking about Leavanny and Parasect, btw.

They also get kind of short-changed being the early wild Pokémon who never really attain any great power even after they reach their final evolutions.

Maple    3

I am a fan of Scizor with bug bite, bullet punch, superpower and swords dance/roost.

Also I usually prefer Life Orb Adamant with max attack.

Smitje    64
On 17-3-2016 at 2:12 PM, pokejungle said:

YES! I love you for making this thread.

Honestly, I wish they were more of a force in the competitive seen. The ones I love the most are often Bug/Grass or Grass/Bug and the double 4x weakness makes them a hard sell to use in battles. Talking about Leavanny and Parasect, btw.

They also get kind of short-changed being the early wild Pokémon who never really attain any great power even after they reach their final evolutions.

Yea, it would be interesting to have Pokémon, and I assume these would mostly be Bug Pokémon, that evolve once around Lv.20 and are then a good teammate and then evolve again at Lv.40 or 50 to catch up with the rest of the team.

I'm a big fan of Heracross. Use him a lot, he would probably be the Pokémon I would pick in that universe. I also like Mega Beedrill but I haven't had the energy to finish OR, I never liked Hoenn and apparently still don't. I also can't get used to the D-pad sneak. 

Nomyt    50

I have always caught new pokemon every time I play a new game. Usually the bugs stay on my team till later on in game. Butterfree, Vivillion, Sewaddle, and my favourite, Joltik have been great team members in the past. Some have been so good that their final forms have stayed in my team at the E4. (Namely, Leavanny, and Galvantula).

Also, I have soooooo many Vivillion's trying to get all the colours! xD Loved that idea.

Although, there's some that I've never used. Even though they have a great fan base. Heracross, Pinsir, Scyther. To name a few.

Wes    115

I've never been too huge a fan of bug types (please don't ban me :P), but I think my favorites would have to be Volcarona and Leavanny. And since I'm not a competitive battler my preferences are based solely on appearance. 

I'd love for a Bug/Ice type, and if it were a moon counterpart to Volcarona that would be even better!

• Like 1

Nomyt    50

Forgot about Volcarona. It arrived way too late in the game to make me us it a lot. But I loved the idea for it, and I need to get around to using it in game at some point. Moon version of Volcarona would be awesome.

Smitje    64
1 hour ago, Nomyt said:

Forgot about Volcarona. It arrived way too late in the game to make me us it a lot. But I loved the idea for it, and I need to get around to using it in game at some point. Moon version of Volcarona would be awesome.

I use Volcarona as my breed Pokémon, it has Flame Body and can learn Fly. :)

• Like 1

Malco    64

Masquerain is my favorite Bug-type in all of Pokemon.

I'm still petitioning for Game Freak to make it Bug/Water just like its pre-evo Surskit. As a Bug/Flying it is lost in the pile of Bug/Flying Pokemon in there. As a Bug/Water... well, it fulfills a niche AND I promise to use it in Doubles. :)

On 3/26/2016 at 7:22 AM, Smitje said:

I use Volcarona as my breed Pokémon, it has Flame Body and can learn Fly. :)

Good idea, I was getting bored of Talonflame!

Edited by Malco
  • Like 1