Sign in to follow this  
Smitje

Pokemon Gold & Silver Party?

Lord Reiji    9
On 9/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, Smitje said:

So with the new release on the Virtual Console, what teams do you have/ are you going for?

The thing is, I am trying to use pokes I've never used before, but the game makes it kinda hard.

For example, I'd love to have a Houndoom as my fire pokemon, but it is only available in Kanto. A Lapras would be nice, but I need to surf for it, so by the time I'm able to catch one, my water pokemon will be way up in level. And that happens with almost all of my pokes.

• LOL 1

Smitje    64
On 5-10-2017 at 2:53 PM, Lord Reiji said:

The thing is, I am trying to use pokes I've never used before, but the game makes it kinda hard.

For example, I'd love to have a Houndoom as my fire pokemon, but it is only available in Kanto. A Lapras would be nice, but I need to surf for it, so by the time I'm able to catch one, my water pokemon will be way up in level. And that happens with almost all of my pokes.

I'm trying to do the same thing, also use Pokemon I never used before. 

My very first time playing Silver I started with a Chikorita, but got stuck after Whitney so I restarted.. Didn't know English back then.. Never used Chikorita again until now. 

So my team plan is: 

1. Meganium

2. Arbok

3. Poliwrath

4. Ditto (or Standler, definitely never used that one before.)

5. Forretress (or Shuckle, I've used Shuckle competitively but never really ingame.)

6. ??

I would like to use a Murkrow for Fly but again, only catchable in Kanto, there aren't that many Fly Pokemon, I used them all already. I guess I will use Togetic.. Or I will torture myself and just not use Fly.

Nomyt    50

Cydnaquil, Wooper, Ekans, Noctowl, and Mareep is my current team. I'm thinking of Girafarig or a Heracross/Pinsir/Scyther for a final member.. *shrugs*