Nomyt    50

So I just watched a theory video about the unknown Switch game, and by the title of this post it revolves around these two games?

People are expecting the Switch game to be the Remake of D/P/P, but the theory video had some interesting observations about why it's unlikely to be a remake and more to do with it being a new gen completely!

First of all, and the one I feel that is most important, isn't it weird to have the first RPG game on the Switch to be a remake. With Pokémon games usually the first RPG game on any handheld console is the start of that Generation. 

• Red/Green/Blue (Gameboy)
  • Gold/Silver (Gameboy Colour)
  • Ruby/Sapphire (GBA)
  • Diamond/Pearl (DS)
  • Black/White (er....DS, again, but there's actually something more afoot with Gen5 and Gen7)
  • X/Y (3DS)
  • Sun/Moon (3DS again.)

All of the remakes have followed each game, Fire/Leaf came after R/S. Heart/Soul came after D/P, Alpha/Omega came after X/Y, and none were on a new system. Well, that's easy, I hear you cry, ReD/P will be on the 3DS after USuMo...again, no...it won't the remakes have never shared a system. Heart/Soul didn't come out on GBA, like Alpha/Omega didn't come out on the DS. Since we already have a remake on the 3DS, it's most likely to be on the next console for the next main series (aka the switch, and after gen 8).

All very compelling, but let's drive the nail down, and rub salt into the wounds. Why don't we head to Gen 5, the weird gen. I liked Gen 5, it was based in America (or part of), and had that weird third game split with B2/W2. Which added new pokemon to the region which wasn't seen in that region before, as well as the whole fusion think with the yin yang dragons....kinda reminds me of this gen....An American region, third game is split into two with USuMo, fusion legendaries, and Pokémon that have never been seen in the region before making a new appearance! Very suspicious. 

And now, let's all go to the movies. I'll be honest, I don't know much about the movies, I've seen only a handful of them. (I think I've seen up to 5 in order, and then only seen one or two, so I've no idea what I'm talking about, but it sounded good on the Theory Video.) So from what I can make out, since the 3 generation the films have followed in a pattern, a film with their mystical pokemon from that generation, and then a pokemon with something to do with the next generation??? So with gen 3, Jirachi(3)/Deoxys(3)/Lucario(4), and then Gen 4's films Manaphy(4)/Acerus(4)Dialga(4)Palkia(4),heatran(4)Shaymin(4)/Zoroark(5), and then gen 5 happened, it's films were Victini(5)Reshiram(5)Zekrom(5)/Kyurem(5)Cobalion(5)Terrakion(5)Virizion(5)Keldeo(5)/Meloetta(5)/Genosect(5)MewtwoYform(6), I should add here that while Mewtwo is an old pokemon it was showcasing the Y form, which was the speciality of Gen 6, and Gen 6's films.... are Xernas(6)Yvetlas(6)Diancie(6),Hoopa(6)the primal Groundon/Kyorge(okay was seen before, but these forms are 6 gen specials)/Volcanion(6)Zygarde(6)Magearna(7), and finally 7 just has one film at the moment, which we haven't seen. We know it features Marshadow(7), and Ho-oh (2) which is coming out this year. Then if next year has a film featuring Soleago, Lunala, and Necromza, we can safely say that 2019 would have a film featuring a Gen 8 pokemon?

The only downside to this theory, is that once Ultra come out at the end of this year, we'll have no main pokemon game next year, and then the next main RPG game will be in 2019 on the Switch. Maybe they'll have a side game next year on the Switch similar to Pokken, or the like? Another thing is that you can still buy D/P/P in some stores, as the DS is still being sold, so why would they remake a game, that is still kind of available to buy new?

If you want to watch the Theory Video, it's by a Chap called "Bird Keeper Toby", and is linked below. What do you think? Gen 8 on the Switch next, or is it likely to be a Remake of D/P/P that'll be first on the Switch?

They actually have switched mid gen before because Yellow was for the GB color 

And the logic behind the they are never on the same system because 3DS is not a DS they play the same games (mostly) but they aren't the same

Nomyt    50
9 hours ago, The Last Kurusu said:

They actually have switched mid gen before because Yellow was for the GB color 

True, but back then they didn't really have a Game plan. G/S was meant to be the last games of the series, and they likely didn't have a game plan (get it) until 4th or 5th gen.

• Like 2

Smitje    64

I would be surprised if the first game is a remake, I know multiple people that own a Switch but never owned a DS. It is still more a console than a handheld. On the other hand I also don't see them creating a game with new Pokémon/moves/abilities for only the Switch, and that the DS'ers have to wait until the next DS games. 

Maybe it is an middle way? A new region above Kanto and Johto? That doesn't add anything new really just introduces the Pokémon core games to the console? 

Nomyt    50
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Smitje said:

I would be surprised if the first game is a remake, I know multiple people that own a Switch but never owned a DS. It is still more a console than a handheld. On the other hand I also don't see them creating a game with new Pokémon/moves/abilities for only the Switch, and that the DS'ers have to wait until the next DS games. 

Maybe it is an middle way? A new region above Kanto and Johto? That doesn't add anything new really just introduces the Pokémon core games to the console? 

Hmmm, might be a great way for an up to date version of Kanto, with new 3D graphics, possibly adding new pokemon from the pokeworld, and adding Megastones. Going on the idea of the multiple timelines theory, it would be good for Kanto to have a Mega stone story added to it, maybe set 10 years later, or similar. Some new gym leaders, some new E4 members, new areas, possibly Kanto Variants of some alolan pokemon maybe??

Whatever they do, I hope it'll be amazing.

Josh Omega    30

I think it’s going to be gen 8. And it will either release late next year or early 2019. Than a year or so later we will get gen 4 remakes on the switch.