Poekoko

Pokemon Multiverse Discussion/Rant

5 posts in this topic

Why did Gamefreak have to include this multiverse garbage, please, why did you have to? It makes my head hurt, it's worse than the Star Wars Expanded Universe. So I will be referencing the Star Wars EU (Expanded Universe) as an analogy for this, a lot.

By no means do I hate Pokemon Sun and Moon, but it did what I wish they didn't, tried to make the lack of Mega Stones in games prior to X and Y make sense. And I think they sorta kinda made it a huge mess.

Now I'm gonna use an analogy here. In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back there is a scene where Darth Vader tells 6 Bounty Hunters to find Han Solo. Boba Fett tracks him down to Cloud City and finds him. Now in a scene in Cloud City you can see a discolored IG-88 (one of the other bounty hunters) as a prop in a scrap-room. Why was this here? Because they needed filler props and had something called, ahem, a freakin' budget. Now, the Expanded Universe tries to explain why something so trivial is there, they say that Boba Fett killed him while on Cloud City, and that there was actually 5 IG-88s and then somehow one of them was also the Death Star-

Yeah, it sucks, and this is exactly what Pokemon did to their storyline.

So apparently games prior to XY didn't have Mega Stones, and then they came out with ORAS, a remake of a game which originally didn't have Mega Stones. Now I overlooked this, as it was so trivial and had nothing to do with the story... besides another trivial storyline... that tried to explain why Mega Stones were in ORAS and not RSE. Now GameFreak didn't have to try to connect the dots when you really don't need to, but they did and here comes along Sun and Moon. -=SPOILERS STOP READING HERE IF HAVEN'T FINISHED POST GAME=- UBs show up and say "Oh different dimensions exist" at first I was like "Cool!", and then Anabel shows up, "Oh no".

Now you may be asking, what about Anabel? Well, she apparently was from another dimension, where Emerald was the main game and not ORAS... excuse me. This is worse than the freakin IG-88 story said above! Now we are stuck with a confusing, headache inducing Multiverse because of the most trivial gimmick, Mega Stones. One trivial gimmick they could've glossed over and no one would care, but they had to pull a good ol' SW:EU! Thanks for reading all the way through this, I want to know what you think about this, do you like the multiverse? If so, why?

Also this Cynthia isn't the same one from DPPT, because, ya know, MEGA STONES.

Due to there being infinite universes, every Fan fiction, Lewd Picture, Rom Hack, and other things, including the errors in the Ultimate Handbook are all considered... CANON.

1 person likes this

I did like how in ORAS that they hinted to there being an alternate dimension where mega stones and the events that took place to create them didn't happen because it basically means that now both the old games and the new games are canon. I'm still not sure how I feel about Anabel crossing dimensions though. I mean does it mean that there are now two Anabels in the same dimension? Is that a problem? Can she go back? I feel I would like it more if they actually addressed her being in the ORAS dimension as a problem and found a way to send her back to her old Emerald dimension. Cause instead it was just kind of treated as this is perfectly ok, weird, but ok which bothered me. Overall I like the multiverse though and I don't think it means anything is possible or canon. It still needs to happen in a game for it be canon just like in Star Wars certain things are canon and other things are not because the creators say so (although I'm not a Star Wars fan so my knowledge of such things is limited for that universe). At least now it means to me that whether you play Red, Blue, or Yellow or even Sun or Moon that which ever version you choose to play is a canon storyline in it's own dimension. There is no more questions of did Red choose Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Pikachu because there is a dimension for each of those paths. Same goes for all the in game events like was it Team Aqua that almost flooded the world with Kyogre or was it Team Magma that almost caused a worldwide drought? The answer is both. Makes me think of Doctor Who and all that wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Which I enjoy but people leaving their own dimensions and not going back to them really should be considered a problem. Palkia and Dialga need to fix these wormholes and send people back where they're suppose to be.

10 hours ago, Accalia_Luperca said:

I did like how in ORAS that they hinted to there being an alternate dimension where mega stones and the events that took place to create them didn't happen because it basically means that now both the old games and the new games are canon. I'm still not sure how I feel about Anabel crossing dimensions though. I mean does it mean that there are now two Anabels in the same dimension? Is that a problem? Can she go back? I feel I would like it more if they actually addressed her being in the ORAS dimension as a problem and found a way to send her back to her old Emerald dimension. Cause instead it was just kind of treated as this is perfectly ok, weird, but ok which bothered me. Overall I like the multiverse though and I don't think it means anything is possible or canon. It still needs to happen in a game for it be canon just like in Star Wars certain things are canon and other things are not because the creators say so (although I'm not a Star Wars fan so my knowledge of such things is limited for that universe). At least now it means to me that whether you play Red, Blue, or Yellow or even Sun or Moon that which ever version you choose to play is a canon storyline in it's own dimension. There is no more questions of did Red choose Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Pikachu because there is a dimension for each of those paths. Same goes for all the in game events like was it Team Aqua that almost flooded the world with Kyogre or was it Team Magma that almost caused a worldwide drought? The answer is both. Makes me think of Doctor Who and all that wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Which I enjoy but people leaving their own dimensions and not going back to them really should be considered a problem. Palkia and Dialga need to fix these wormholes and send people back where they're suppose to be.

That last statement, I think that will fix this garbage once and for all! Sinnoh remakes will fix everything! THANK YOU! They will fix the wormholes, UBs will be gone, Anabel gone, and other stuff all gone.

Also the only returning characters in SuMo were Anabel and Wally and the Kalos people, the rest were all brand new people. Red and Blue are different from FRLG and HGSS

On 2/1/2017 at 9:53 PM, Poekoko said:

That last statement, I think that will fix this garbage once and for all! Sinnoh remakes will fix everything! THANK YOU! They will fix the wormholes, UBs will be gone, Anabel gone, and other stuff all gone.

Also the only returning characters in SuMo were Anabel and Wally and the Kalos people, the rest were all brand new people. Red and Blue are different from FRLG and HGSS

There are different becouse since R/B/G are passed 20 years. Wally and Anabel are not the only returning character, there is even a five gen elite four and the best character, aside from N, from gen 5 Colress. Personaly from the Multiverse thing the only "thing" i want to go back in thery own universe, or game if you prefer, are the UB. BandaiNamco call, they need this Digimon back.

13 hours ago, PedroKeitawa said:

There are different becouse since R/B/G are passed 20 years. Wally and Anabel are not the only returning character, there is even a five gen elite four and the best character, aside from N, from gen 5 Colress. Personaly from the Multiverse thing the only "thing" i want to go back in thery own universe, or game if you prefer, are the UB. BandaiNamco call, they need this Digimon back.

Oh I forgot about Gen 5!  You got me there. Anyway, I agree, and I think they will be gone because you were supposed to 'destroy' them soooo...