Smitje

You're a Pokémon Professor what is your area of research?

Smitje    64

I would do research in Pokémon Teamwork, how two Pokémon can work together to create their own strategy in double battles. Basically how two Pokémon become one working machine in a double battle. 

Ascension    1

I used to roleplay a Professor Eion. V. Evans (Eevee gijinka), whose research concerned Pokémon's moves, like Kukui. He focused on moves that were essentially the same attacks, but utilized varying degrees of power, like Absorb through Giga Drain and the Horn Leech physical variant. Z-Moves would have been fascinating to him.

Since i have to version for my trainer character, one from the non MegaEvolution time line and the other from the universe when MegaEvolution exist, i have to say the second (from the MegaEvolution time line) study the fossil Pokèmon and similar. For similar i mean like Yanma that evolve in Yanmega using ancient power.

I think I would focus on studying Pokemon abilities and perhaps compare abilities that are similar but not the same. Starter Pokemon would be particularly interesting since they all share the same basic ability excluding their hidden abilities. All the more reason to hand them out to new trainers and gather data on their experiences with them. I could also look at regional variants and whether or not they share the same abilities or have different abilities. I could even look at different Pokemon species that share the same abilities and see if those have any connections or if they just developed separately. I'd probably have a Ditto, a Pokemon with the Trace ability, or a Pokemon with the move Skill Swap to help me with my research.

My research area would probably be about PokeBalls, I would study their catching capabilities, what a Pokemon feels when they're catched, what exactly is a PokeBall (what is it made of and such) and finally, try to build a MasterBall